No announcement yet.

Czmelak building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0015.JPG Views:	1 Size:	219.1 KB ID:	31694

Slowly getting there...has to be slowly done via Aliphatic glues but I think things are going to work out after all...
    pretty soon will start the final sanding and covering the beast. I wish to thank everyone who have been supportive of me during this build which I have found challenging...
    Last edited by lenb; 11-26-2018, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Alright Kevin...your fuselage is looking good!
      A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Thanks Jim...my text did not come through...I wanted to thank you and Len for your build threads that kept me going on this part of the build....new territory for me but once I got going and kept tweaking and adding clamps and weights to keep everything level, it slowly came to life...now on to a few more pieces of balsa side pieces and then start the final sanding and then assembly...
        appreciate your support on all this...

Comment

Nice job Kevin... It looks good, now just keep moving forward.
          Len Buffinton
          Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

All done now...just final sanding and electronic installation. As the old saying goes though: the last 10% takes another 90 %...hopefully not this time...
            Attached Files

Comment

Sweet! Congratulations on the mile stone....
              Gunny
              Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

• ARUP
                ARUP commented
                Editing a comment
                +1 Looks good!

Congratulations Kevin....

Len Buffinton
              Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

If anyone ever reads this before they frame up their Fuse, I would suggest thinking where you want to run holes or slots to secure batteries, optical kills etc. as trying to drill holes now is a real challenge since the fuse is all framed up...much like a two story house...still all do able, but had I thought about it enough and looked at the plans closer, I could have envisioned things and drilled or sloted formers or floors before actually gluing some of those pieces together....ie putting eye hooks on the back side of the fire wall etc...

next post should show some covering !!!
                Happy Holidays...

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0021.JPG Views:	1 Size:	134.1 KB ID:	32196 Just did the bottoms of the wings...this is really eating up the ultra coat...because of the huge root..one has to use the ultra coat front to back, so three sections on these wings...tomorrow the top side.... As every one knows...the prep is tedious to sand down to 320 and then vacuum and then spong off...then a bit of Cover Grip on the edges....
                  Last edited by kjkavaney; 12-14-2018, 01:46 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Mosquito
                    Mosquito commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Now get those out of the dining area before your wife kicks you and your wings out of the house!

• Newman12
                    Newman12 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Those are looking good Kevin!

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0004.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	32766

Comment

• I have hinged, wired, connected everything now but the fuse is giving me fits with getting the doors to open and closer properly. Want to get that done before covering the fuse. Like the old saying...the last 10% takes another 90%. Ha....I don't know how Jim Dolly does it. I have been working on this for over a year and still not done. Granted, I took the summer off to go flying.
                    kevin

Comment

• Kevin, Very nice. Loving the color scheme. Good job covering!

Comment

• Getting there, first time with everything put together. got to get the doors opening and closing better before I cover the fuse..then start installing electronics, engine etc. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0012.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	32921

Comment

• MarnochS
                          MarnochS commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Looking Good......

• ARUP
                          ARUP commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'll second what Scott said!

• Everything is now covered, servos in wings and fuse...everything wired, Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_20190128_214729688[1].jpg
Views:	170
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	33827 next up I hang engine and landing gear and connect everything together....that last 10% is killing me !!!

Comment

• MarnochS
                          MarnochS commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Last 10% takes 90% of the time......or so it seems.....hang on a second, ...I've got'a go check the water pot to see if it's boiling yet.........

• Go, Kevin, go! 'Smello-yellow' is looking good!

Comment

Working...
                        X