No announcement yet.

Hangar 9 ASW-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if someone could help me with a measurement.

I am having a set of wing bags made for the ASW 20 with handles and need the balance point (from the root or tip) of the completed wing to locate the handles.

My wing will have the recommended Spektrum servos and also the electric spoilers (all back ordered).

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Comment

So Michael and Snatch are both ASW 20 owners, now for them to get them ready for Horizon, just 4 weeks but I have faith

Jeremy and Ben
      SCC AAA TT

Comment

Stephane,

Would it be possible for you to re-post your build thread pictures here...

Seems the toy truck is going to appear at my house with one of these!
        A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Off course Jim, I will get at it Monday.

First here is couple of pictures of yesterday when my ASW20 went from one hand to another, plane just like to please everybody, I had hard time getting controls back....

Sans titre by steffruelle, sur Flickr

Sans titre by steffruelle, sur Flickr

I got also a bunch of video but will need time to edit them...

Stephane
          Stéphane
          Horizon Hobby Team Member

Comment

Ah......I was wondering how you let others fly it.... what with you flying that goofy backwards mode 1! 😁
            TEAM GORGEOUS

Comment

You think he would let people fly mode one when people are used to flying mode two.
              My guess is he has a wireless buddy box system for a mode two buddy box while Stephan is holding onto the mode one box that's my guess.
              Gunny
              Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

Look closely and you will see a cord connecting the two transmitters...two posibilities:

1) Main Tx is Mode 1 and Trainer Tx is Mode 2

2) Both Tx's are Mode 1, but the cord delivers an electrical shock if you try and use the wrong stick to control the elevator!

Considering the number of people wanting to try flying the ASW-20, I am guessing #1 above is the correct answer!
                A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

What!, we are still using a wire? Come on radio manufactures let's make a wireless buddy box system...
                  another one of my non-patent pending inventions, thank you very much and you're welcome.

Notice the posted time stamp. ;-)
                  Last edited by gunny11; 05-25-2015, 01:23 AM.
                  Gunny
                  Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

• Swiss1
                    Swiss1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Gunny, all the new Spektrum Gen2 radios are wireless, you should buy one, and I can help you out with that!

Jeremy and Ben
                    SCC AAA TT

well guys,

that was wires as the slave was a DX7 that does not have the wireless capability. Very simple

here is the vid of last weekend with the ASW-20

Stéphane

Comment

• ingrahal
                    ingrahal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Great video!!! Your videos are always very well done.

Just wanted to write a quick note and mention that Dan Fitzgerald (danfitz from another airplane/rc model site.........something groups I think ?) makes covers for the ASW-20 that fit really well. My set included individual wing covers, a full cover for the horizontal stab removed for travel and a vertical stab cover that fits on the tail of the fuselage. Pricing was $165 for the set.

I had a set made for me a few weeks back and I think I had them in less than a week from when I sent him a pm.

I am having him make a set of covers for my 1/3 scale Fox now also. This will have a full fuselage cover to protect the graphics.

I'll be putting together my ASW-20 in just a couple weeks here when school ends. Should have it flying by the beginning of July if not sooner.

Bob

Comment

Here is a video to give some courage to Mike

Stéphane

Comment

Stephane, being that I am very ignorant about sailplanes and many others things would you give detailed instruction how to connect 5v battery to spoiler and retract? Do you use regulators in line with the retract and spoilers or do you use a separate battery to drive them?

Comment

Michael, you can use a separate 4 cell 4.8V battery or use an SPMVR5203 which is a dual output regulator for $29.99!
                        If yo need one let me know.

Jeremy and Ben
                        SCC AAA TT TN

Comment

Originally posted by ARUP View Post
                          Stephane, being that I am very ignorant about sailplanes and many others things would you give detailed instruction how to connect 5v battery to spoiler and retract? Do you use regulators in line with the retract and spoilers or do you use a separate battery to drive them?
                          Mike I have use with success a 6v and 4.8v battery setup in case I need to power up something with a lower voltage.
                          In this case you need to create a specific harness :

From the servo to be powered by the secondary battery, connect the - of the receiver to the - of the secondary battery and to the - of the servo. Connect signal wire from the receiver to the servo and connect the + of the secondary battery to the + of the servo.

In the case of the ASW-20 as you need to connect the spoilers and the retract, it get much more complicated, I would suggest going with the spectrum voltage regulator that has two ports, on for the spoilers one for the retract, inline from the receiver to the servos

Stéphane
                          Stéphane

Comment

And here is the wiring diagram
                            Stéphane

Comment

Working...
                            X