No announcement yet.

Len's Czmelak "Smellyak" build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Len, Do you think my belts and suspenders design I used on the wing latches on my Bidule would have solved the problem? Has to be some sort of air frame resonance that is vibrating the latch loose. Makes my wonder about using 4 latches on the next Bidule build vs just 2 and 2 bolts.....

Comment

It appears to be a pulling force. The locks are fine, and they are set up correctly but the wing pulls pulls out and spreads the fork. I think two may have been ok, or one further forward and one further back.
      Len Buffinton
      Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

also, the receiver cam has a radius on the inside which allows the fork to wedge off if there is a pulling motion, if that was a sharp 90 it would probably solve the. issue too.
        Len Buffinton
        Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

This was our favourite tug in the PNW until it hit a runway light at the Arlington airport

Steve Dentz' beauty with a Moki 250......mmmmmm

Comment

Thats. AWESOME !!!!
            Len Buffinton
            Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

I use 4 latches on the Turbine Porter with no issues and 2 on the B4 with no problems, common denominator is neither have vibration! Just my 2 planes worth

Jeremy
              SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

I have them on the Bidule without. issues?
                Len Buffinton
                Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Baldrick on the Cmelek

Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Working...
                  X