Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slappy
    replied
    I am planning on attending SERA, but I will most likely not have anything to fly. I would like to tent camp, so should I register for the event?

Leave a comment:

• kd4jaz
    replied
    Hey guys,
    Just a thought, we are only 3 miles from the Americus airport. Does Mac have an agreement with them or contacted them? Just wondering.

Marc

Leave a comment:

• Asher Carmichael
    commented on 's reply
    Suffering from the malaise for 25 years.......

• Stew2
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave Forbes View Post
    I'm afraid I've caught the disease, the FunCub just wasn't big enough so I got a Carbon Z cub. How much longer before I need a trailer to haul everything to the field

Dave
    Took me 1 aero tow to realize that there was no resistance that could withstand the draw... I only have a baby trailer, but it is a great size for us young'ns. There was an identical sized trailer for sale in the "For Sale" section here, don't know if it is still available, but I think it is. Len could tie it on top of his rig and haul it down....

The bad news, there is no known cure for the disease, but it is treatable!!

Leave a comment:

• Dave Forbes
    replied
    I'm afraid I've caught the disease, the FunCub just wasn't big enough so I got a Carbon Z cub. How much longer before I need a trailer to haul everything to the field

Dave

Leave a comment:

• AGriffith
    replied
    Anything in Americus is within sight of each other and about 15 minutes from the field.

If you want on the cheap, Knights Inn is 47 a night

Leave a comment:

• Asher Carmichael
    commented on 's reply
    Robin,
    Most stayed at the Hampton Inn in Americus, GA, last year. There is also a Day's Inn there and a Best Western that is a refurbished, historical B&B type. FYI, the field is about 10 miles from any of these motels.
    Last edited by Asher Carmichael; 03-28-2016, 05:08 PM.

• rtlsoaring
    replied
    What hotel does everybody stays at , close to m.h field.

Leave a comment:

• rtlsoaring
    replied
    Rick Lake from PSL fl. first time at hodges fields missed last year , trying to get back into aerotowing , looking forward to talking to some old friends ,hope to be there 4 days.

Leave a comment:

• kd4jaz
    commented on 's reply
    Copy that..........Lets see how space is after I load all the support and camping gear. It's best for the small foamies >5 lbs.
    Marc

• Asher Carmichael
    replied
    Marc,
    If you have room to bring the Cub I think it might be a good idea. I suspect there may be some smaller sailplanes just suited for a 1/4 scale tug. If it's too tight a squeeze don't worry about it.

Leave a comment:

• kd4jaz
    replied
    Is there any need for me to bring my 25% Super Cub to tow smaller sailplanes? My feelings are for the most part there will be large scale participating.

Marc

Leave a comment:

• kd4jaz
    replied
    Hey Andy,
    I'll be tent camping..........looking forward to a good time! I'm going to pushback at 5am on Thursday morning. Call my cell when you are on the road...(after 5am)

Marc
    Last edited by kd4jaz; 03-24-2016, 02:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AGriffith
    replied
    I'll be there all day Thursday, my plan is either leave Wed after work or silly early on Thursday.

Marc, you camper camping or tent camping?

Those that haven't been there, I can't think of a nicer facility down here to have this event.

Leave a comment:

• NathanM
    replied
    My only trip to Mac Hodges field was a couple of years ago when we flew a glider cross-country from our home field near Griffin down to Americus. Straight line distance was about 75 miles and the odometer on the truck showed 95 miles.
    Maybe we'll try it again if Tom is game...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X