Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asher Carmichael
    commented on 's reply
    You should have plenty of customers by noon Thursday. It sounds like we'll have plenty of tugs this year which is a good thing!

• kd4jaz
    replied
    Hey guys, what the general consensus on Thursday arrivals? I will only be towing so don't want to get there and have no one to tow! I plan on arriving around noon on Thursday. I'll be camping at the field.
    Marc (Pawnee Pilot)

Leave a comment:

• Stew2
    replied
    Asher, That sounds great! I'll have a Bidule 170 along with 3-4 sailplanes to fly. Even if I can just burn some holes in the sky with the Bidule I'll be good. Never been to Mac's place, so looking forward to it greatly!

Scot

Leave a comment:

• Asher Carmichael
    commented on 's reply
    Scot, I plan to be there early PM on Wednesday if you need a tow. There may be a few other early arrivals with schleppers but that will have to remain a wait and see proposition. I can't imagine Mac Hodges would have any problem with you flying at any point on Wednesday if you are so equipped. I'll do my best to get there as early as possible.
    Asher

• Stew2
    replied
    Asher,

Is there any chance there could be flying Wednesday? I'll be in the area for the week, but have to leave Saturday for the 2 day drive back to New England. Really looking forward to this event.

​Scot

Leave a comment:

• Asher Carmichael
    replied
    Yes, SERA 2016 is shaping up to be a stellar event. We already have 12 pre registered and only 2 of those were in attendance last year! We've also had verbal commitments from many others.
    We're planning on having a grill onsite to toast up some burgers, dogs and Conecuh sausage for lunch Thursday-Saturday and of course we'll have the venerable fire pit which was such a hit in the evenings last year. Bring what you have to fly in the way of scale soaring and have some FUN!

Leave a comment:

• lenb
    replied
    Hi Dave,
    The Parkzone K-8 flies great, no laughing here... I may have to bum a flight off you.
    Looks like we'll all have a blast!!!

Leave a comment:

• Dave Forbes
    replied
    I plan to come up for Friday and Saturday. Don't laugh, but I'm bringing a Parkzone Ka8 and Multiplex Heron Guess I better bring the Funcub too.
    Dave

Leave a comment:

• Slappy
    replied
    Len,
    I was a member of RCAerotow a while back and had just gotten started in aerotowing and sailplanes when I got out of the hobby. You and I have spoken before. John Frank is a buddy of mine. Looking to get going again, so I figured I would head on down to Andersonville and see what is going on these days. I live just outside of Atlanta, so it should be an easy trip. Hope to see you there.

Bryan

Leave a comment:

• AGriffith
    replied
    Sounds good, like Jeremy said, we can find you something to fly.

Leave a comment:

• lenb
    replied
    Hi Bryan,

Welcome about. Happy to see yet another rc'er joining the ranks. How did you find us? ( marketing question)

See you in GA

LEN

Leave a comment:

• Swiss1
    replied
    Hi Bryan, glad you found us, I'm sure we will have something on hand for you to get a little stick time and have all your questions answered.
    See you there

Jeremy and Ben
    SCCAAA TT TN

Leave a comment:

• Slappy
    replied
    Hi all. New guy here. Don't have a glider any more, but looking for an excuse to get back into the hobby after a little hiatus. I'm planning on being at the aero tow on Thursday and Friday. Hope to meet some of you there and learn something. Cheers.

Bryan

Leave a comment:

• Asher Carmichael
    replied
    If you would like a tee shirt or other swag for SERA 2016 you can find it here:

Please note that there will be no items available at the event. This is shaping up to be a stellar aerotow. We already have 5 pre-registered and all of them are "newcomers". I've heard that many who were in attendance last year will be returning so it looks like a great turnout is in the making. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Leave a comment:

• lenb
    replied
    Explosive decompression..... There's one for the glossary.

See you in Americus!!!

Len

Leave a comment:

Working...
X