X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asher Carmichael
    commented on 's reply
    Rick,
    It really depends on what you need or want. My 64 year-old bones ache sometimes getting up from a night of camping but nothing beats sitting around a campfire, talking, enjoying (responsibly) an adult beverage, an occasional night-flight with park flyers and just enjoying a starry night away from city lights. Mac's place makes the decision easy for me with the rest rooms, pavilion and hangars for inclimate weather. If things don't work out for you then a room at the Hampton in Americus is usually available. As of now I know of at least 6-7 who will be camping over the course.

• rtlsoaring
    replied
    Hay Pete I am still flying same old gliders an one new one,the ASK-18 has a new look after the wipeout in Muncie over 15 years ago .Hay Rick from C .Fl. I saw your friends post about a week ago .I was wondering who I new up north that new I was going SRA. fly in . now we know. Still trying to make up weather to camp or get a hotel room . WHAT SHOULD I DO need HEIP.

Leave a comment:

• kd4jaz
    commented on 's reply
    Tow anything? Ask Andy about his experience towing with a GT-80!!! LOL

• RLake
    replied
    And.......I'm the Rick Lake who lives in Crestview Florida!! What a coinky dinky!!!!

Leave a comment:

• rtlsoaring
    replied
    Yes this is Rick lake now living in Port St. Lucie Fl. looking forward to seeing you again Pete ,I am hopping to get there about wed. afternoon. I think I am going to camp not sure yet. See you all soon.

Leave a comment:

• Xroadie
    replied
    Is this the same Rick Lake who used to live in Michigan? If so...it's been a few years

I'm all pall packed....and ready to leave in the Morning....I will be there ready to fly Wednesday.

Pete

Leave a comment:

• Xroadie
    commented on 's reply
    H9 Pawnee?? If so...unless your running an .049 you can tow anything

• Xroadie
    commented on 's reply
    I was hoping he'd hang around for a couple days after SEFF

• RLake
    replied
    Quite the fleet, as usual Len!!

Leave a comment:

• AGriffith
    replied
    I'm bringing my new Pawnee as well, though I'm not sure what its towing capacity is just yet.

Leave a comment:

• lenb
    replied
    Hi Rick,
    Yes,

On the bottom

DG800.
    Arcus
    Shark

Nimbus 4
    Salto
    Duo Discus
    ASH31

Bidule 170
    Pawnee for someone else.
    plus some small planes stuffed here and there

Leave a comment:

• AGriffith
    replied
    Originally posted by RLake View Post
    I get nervous these days when an AMA guy "wants to see what we're all about", nice guy or not.

Really, thats nothing to worry about, I'm an AVP for District-V and he's published several of my aero tow event articles in the District News section of Model Aviation.

He's just another modeler looking to learn about a segment he doesn't know much about. If anyone has any ama related questions, he will answer them, if not, he will hang out and I'll put him up on the Cherokee to get him some stick time.

Leave a comment:

• RLake
    replied
    Len, is that a DG-800 on the bottom row?

Leave a comment:

• RLake
    replied
    I get nervous these days when an AMA guy "wants to see what we're all about", nice guy or not.

Leave a comment:

• lenb
    replied
    Tell him he needs to pre-register

Leave a comment:

Working...
X