Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slappy
    replied
    I should be there tomorrow by lunch. I was planning on being there today, but a family emergency arose. Hopefully the rain will stay away long enough to pitch a tent. Looking forward to meeting you all and enjoying some soaring.

-Bryan

Leave a comment:

• RLake
    replied
    Tom McPherson and I will be arriving tomorrow shortly before noon from NW Florida. Tom has a new ASW-20 to maiden also. Make sure the shrimp cocktails are fresh!
    Rick Lake

Leave a comment:

• Swiss1
    replied
    Snatch and I arrived just after midday and put some planes together, I re-maidened my Discus 2b after a great repair job by Ian after it developed a crack down the seam. Also re-maidened was my Antares after catching a wing tip on launch last year at Wilbur Right and cracking the fuselage from the retract door opening up the side to the canopy, and another brilliant repair job by Ian.
    And if you can guess who landed a little long with the Antares today you can post your answer here Click image for larger version

Name:	SERA2.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	9552

Jeremy And Ben
    SCCAAA TT TN

Leave a comment:

• lenb
    replied
    Arrived at the field this morning at 9:08 and Scott was already there with his tug set up and ready to go. Unfortunately I arrived with a flat trailer tire and had to change it out and go get it repaired so I could enjoy the day without thinking about it. All said and done, we got into the air about 11:30
    Pete Gorge arrived shortly after I did and Jeremy and Tom followed suit, before long the parking area was filling up and sailplanes were filling the sky.
    For a non event day, it was busier than many "event days"
    Congrats to Scott for the maiden of his Bidule. His words are " Its really AWESOME"
    Congrats to his son Dan for the maiden of his Hangar 9 ASW 20.. Flew great and buy the second or third flight he was landing and taking off without any help or guidance. GREAT JOB BUDDY
    And congrats to me. I flew my old but new to me and reconditioned 8m Duo Discus with its UP and GO ... The plane flew really well. Nothing looks prettier than a two seat sailplane settling in for a landing. SWEET..

Great to see some new faces and friends, Asher, John, Dan, Rich, Mark, Christian, Tom, and others who have already arrived....

Tomorrow should be super.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2967.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	9544 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2965.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	9545 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2968.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	9546 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2973.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	9547 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2974.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	9548 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2971.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	9549 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2970.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	9550

Leave a comment:

• AGriffith
    replied
    We are over 20 pre-registrations, Pete's already at the field, I"ll be up early tomorrow.

Weather looks good.

This should be a fantastic event!!

Leave a comment:

• lenb
    replied
    Pigeons......

Leave a comment:

• RLake
    replied
    No internet??!! How are we gonna know what we're doing while we're there doing it??!!

Leave a comment:

• Esprit Tech
    replied
    Just finished my Oxy 5 with Trike XL and Danny & Manny as my pilots, with 12S 6600mAh I am looking at 5m/35 lbs. monster.
    I am sooooo looking forward this trip , no internet, no emails...

Zb/Esprit
    Last edited by Esprit Tech; 04-19-2016, 10:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AGriffith
    replied
    I doubt the hotels are booked because of us, wow LOL

Leave a comment:

• AGriffith
    replied
    Really? I booked the Days Inn just yesterday

Leave a comment:

• Asher Carmichael
    commented on 's reply
    Rick, all you really need is a cot or air mattress, blanket, pillow and bath accessories. There are hangars you can set your cot up in if need be. Several of us sleep in our trailers or vehicles; perhaps not "camping correct" but it works.

• Asher Carmichael
    commented on 's reply
    I'll bet brother Jimmy, Carter that is, is teaching Sunday School this Sunday next door in Plains. I understand he gets a mighty big draw when he's at the podium. Or perhaps SERA is going to have more attendees than anticipated. Maybe we need more sausage :-o

• RLake
    replied
    Closest Fri/Sat booking we could find was in Cordelle. 35 miles.

Leave a comment:

• RLake
    replied
    As of yesterday the Hampton was fully booked starting Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• rtlsoaring
    replied
    Thanks Asher , I am leaning that way I just don't have very much camping stuff, and I am running out of room .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X