I see you found a spot for the chroma.
    Gunny
    Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

• JimD
      JimD commented
      Editing a comment
      And there is a lip on the shelf so it will not slide off! 😉

Got the wardrobe door made, hinged, and installed.

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Really looks great Jim....very nice planning and construction !

Comment

• JimD
        JimD commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Bob, knowing your skills with wood that is a real complement!

Plan includes adding doors to the two upper shelf spaces and adding three drawers under the wardrobe. Sailplane shelf will get a carpeted surface and the entire interior will get painted...and to think that people retire and say they have nothing to do!

Looks great Jim!

Seeing the pics ALMOST makes me want to buy another trailer, just to rig it out.....like you are

Pete

Comment

I'm with you Pete, I'd love to get a big trailer instead of a toy hauler and make it into model airplane toy hauler/camper.
        Gunny
        Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

My plan to build and install three drawers under the wardrobe took a lot of measuring and planning. The drawer slides we bought are self closing and allow full extension of the drawer. Once the plans were made, we went to Lowe's to buy the materials. We are opting for a simple and strong draw design and we got a chance to use our framing clamps that have been hiding in my tool chest for a couple of decades. First of three is waiting for the glue to dry!

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
            Got the wardrobe door made, hinged, and installed.

"Wardrobe" are you planing on living in it, where is the foldaway bed?

Jeremy and Ben
            SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

All of the drawers are built and the drawer sliders installed! 😊 Next job is to finish out the front of the cabinet and then make the drawer fronts...moving right along!

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

We got the front of the cabinet finished, added the drawer fronts, and used our router to round the edges and to make drawer pull slots.

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

We did the build for the two small cabinet doors yesterday and let the glue harden overnight. This morning, we used the router to round the door edges and to make the recessed finger pull slots. After installing the door on the wardrobe, we realized that two hinges were not enough, so we added a third hinge. Since the hinges come in pairs, we decided to go ahead and make the door with four hinges. These hinges are spring loaded, so with four, the door stays tight shut.

After some calculations, we got the spacing for the two small doors perfect...they can both open fully without rubbing or binding on the opposite door.

Here is the other open.

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Put down some latex caulk as a finishing touch before starting to paint. Construction is finished for now...on to painting!

Sailplane shelf...looking toward the rear of the trailer interior. Sailplane shelf will be carpeted and have aluminum angle along the walls.

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Even though my trailer was not completely done, we pressed it into service at the Soar for Fun...sure was nice having the space.

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Hmm,
                        I may have to look up some old threads that say " My truck has enough room for two tugs, that's all I need"

Yours truly,

LEN.
                        AKA
                        " I'd never get a diesel"
                        Len Buffinton
                        Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by lenb View Post
                          Hmm,
                          I may have to look up some old threads that say " My truck has enough room for two tugs, that's all I need"

Yours truly,

LEN.
                          AKA
                          " I'd never get a diesel"
                          Dear Mr. Glass Houses....... Apparently you didn't learn not to throw stones.

Jim,
                          The workmanship in your trailer is exceptional! I now know better to ever say I'm not getting a bigger trailer.. But I'm sure I am not getting one this year!!

Comment

• JimD
                            JimD commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yep... never, never, never speak in absolutes! lol

After getting the HighPoint hangar buttoned up for the season, it was time to get back on the trailer. Painting the ladies room In the hangar got me into painting mode, so we started painting the trailer.

Then we added carpet to the sailplane shelf.

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Working...
                          X