No announcement yet.

The perfect trailer for an aerotowing enthusiast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We spent most of today putting planes and equipment in the trailer to see how things naturally want to fit. After hours of measuring and experimenting, we sat down with pen, paper, and ruler and sketched out plans, made a materials list, and finally devised a work order outline. Now the fun begins!

Last edited by JimD; 09-07-2015, 12:05 AM.
    A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Looks great Jim!

The new deck paints that are on the market make a nice looking floor!
      Tom did His but used the wrong color.LOL

Charlie

Comment

Looking forward to seeing it in NY

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
          Looks great Jim!

Charlie
          Charlie,

I am thinking light gray on the floor and ramp (plus add anti slip strips on the ramp) and white on the walls. Then some of those LED lights like Jeremy put in his trailer and I can turn those white walls any color I want them!
          A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
            Looks great Jim!

Charlie
            At least I painted my floor.........
            TEAM GORGEOUS

Comment

The used RC model trailer I bought, came with indoor/outdoor carpet squares. I want something easier to keep clean. I'd rather paint or try something like this flooring from Home Depot and other places. Not cheap...but you'd end up with a one piece, waterproof floor covering. If you wrapped it up the side a bit you could hose the trailer out! You'd want to make sure and cut it right the first time,
              The G-Floor 7-1/2 ft. x 17 ft. Coin Commercial Grade Slate Grey Garage Floor Cover and Protector is easy to install. It is manufactured from tough, specially formulated polyvinyl. It prevents concrete deterioration and hides cracks, stains.

Comment

The first step on my order of work was the installation of the solar panel. Drilling holes in your roof is always a risk...we used neoprene fused washers above and below the roof sheet aluminum so hopefully they will seal each hole sufficiently. The wire was routed through the roof using a water tight PVC conduit fitting. It was sealed with rain spout joint adhesive.

We used foil bubble insulation to insulate the roof before installing the interior roof panels. The insulation was bent into a "C" cross section and held in place with foil tape.

We bought 5mm thick RevolutionPly and it was slipped between the roof trusses and the aluminum crown moulding and then screwed to the roof trusses....sorry, didn't get a picture of that step yet.
                A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Nice trailer Doctor, now you can make long trips to the South and carry everything you need and more
                  My only concern is that it's black, which does absorb more heat, why not silver or white, just a thought!

Jeremy and Ben
                  SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss1 View Post
                    My only concern is that it's black, which does absorb more heat, why not silver or white, just a thought!

Jeremy and Ben
                    SCCAAA TT TN
                    The black is Radar-absorbent material....that way Jim can get to to Huntsville faster

Comment

We got another 4' section of insulated ceiling installed. This one had to be cut out for the roof vent...measured three times and then cut...worked perfectly!

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Nice clean work as usual Jim.

Jeremy and Ben
                        SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

More progress!
                          A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

• Tom
                            Tom commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Not sure what you plan to use the shelves for........ and I know you're not done yet....... but without a front "lip" on the shelves....... anything you put on them will be on the floor before you're 100' down the road.

A true perfectionist!
                          Gunny
                          Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

Tom,

Absolutely! Shelves will have a front lip and there will be doors and drawers too.
                            A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

• Tom
                              Tom commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Very good.....can't wait to see it!

We added the shelf lip and cabinet frames this morning, next is to make the doors.

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Working...
                            X