No announcement yet.

Graupner Cirrus X 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Normally a thin piece of wood/fiberglass would be glued to the flange and that is covered.

Comment

i guess that is a better solution - I did contemplate it but the flanges are very narrow (3mm) on mine.. and now I've already glued the spoiler in place at the right (wrong) height so if I glued a piece of wood onto the spoiler flange it would now be too high, duh oh.... ah well, i will know for the next wings i make with spoilers !
      Last edited by neilk; 06-04-2018, 12:44 AM.

Comment

If you give some exact measurements to me then I can cut some lithoplate to fit onto you spoilers. Lithoplate is very thin and pretty stiff. I can even paint the top side white and have them ready to be epoxied in place at Horizon if you plan attending that aerotow.

Comment

Arup thanks for your generous offer, but I've added the balsa fairings now and Other will work ok. Also I live in Australia !

Comment

• ARUP
            ARUP commented
            Editing a comment
            Oz? Well... come on up! lol

Neil, sorry for the late reply. For some reason I don't get email notices on this thread. Very annoying. I glued my spoilers in after covering the wings so the covering is lapped over and down into the recess and then the spoilers set on top of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ingrahal View Post
            Neil, sorry for the late reply. For some reason I don't get email notices on this thread. Very annoying. I glued my spoilers in after covering the wings so the covering is lapped over and down into the recess and then the spoilers set on top of it.
            Hey Art,

I found a way to fix the annoying lack of email notices on this thread...... get on the site and check it each day. Just sayin...
            Len Buffinton
            Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

I've just turned notifications on (in account profile), I'll see if they work for me...

Comment

Originally posted by lenb View Post

Hey Art,

I found a way to fix the annoying lack of email notices on this thread...... get on the site and check it each day. Just sayin...
                A preacher once chastised me for only going to church only on Christmas and Easter.....that was the last time I went to church!!!! Just sayin

Comment

• ARUP
                  ARUP commented
                  Editing a comment
                  As Redd Foxx's 'Aunt Ester' on the 'Sanford and Son' show would say... 'you heathen!' lol
              Working...
              X