No announcement yet.

Flying in Salem CT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry to miss the thermals and fun with you guys yesterday, looked like a great gathering...where's the corn for landing???... Was tightly bound to some honey do's, but had a good time, and some great early morning thermals out at the Wintonbury CT fly-in today ...see you all in Vermont!!

Matt
    Last edited by hello82; 09-07-2015, 03:22 AM.

Comment

The annual TURKEY TOW is back!!!

Join us for our informal TURKEY TOW the day after Thanksgiving. Flying starts at 10:00 am and will continue until dark.
      If weather is an issue, it may be Saturday. Stay tuned for more information.

Len Buffinton
      Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Woohoo, Turkey Tow!
        Nodd - Chris Evans

Comment

Sorry guys. I'll miss this one. I'll be on the Cape all weekend as my daughter is playing in a hockey tournament there. I did however buy Dream Flight Alula-Trek for some beach slope flying

Petr

Comment

This TomTurkey looking forward to it !!!

Comment

send pics Petr! Hope it goes well with the wind direction. I still have not made it there.

Hope to make Turkey tow and see everyone, if I can sneak away....

Comment

Originally posted by hello82 View Post
                send pics Petr! Hope it goes well with the wind direction. I still have not made it there.
                I'll do my best. I'll be at different locations around the Cape so hopefully the winds will cooperate at lease somewhere

have fun in Salem

Petr

Comment

Family holiday obligations getting in the way now for Friday...can only do Saturday. Keep us posted Len as soon as you know what day you think it will look like it will be!

thanks
                  Matt

Comment

I'll try to make it.......might even have a chance to check through my Bidule this weekend so I can bring it along and do some towing.

Bob

Comment

• Looks like the ignition isn't working on my Bidule. I'll have to order a new one and install it as soon as possible.

A quick side note here: DA has updated their website considerably and now offers online ordering. Makes it very easy to get things from them now without having to make a phone call. I'm not sure if it shows if the items are actually in their stock and available for immediate shipment, but it streamlines the process of getting things form them efficiently.

I'm ordering the parts this weekend. Hopefully they will arrive during the week, but being a holiday week it may be delayed a bit.

Bob

Comment

• Heard from Steve P and it looks like Friday will stay the planned flying day.
                        The TURKEY TOW is on!!!!

If you're not there, you're a TURKEY
                        Len Buffinton
                        Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• Gobble gobble gobble..... hopee you guys get great weather! Make a loop for me.

Comment

• I think I have the Bidule back together. New ignition is installed and all back together. Should be ready for service tomorrow.

Comment

• Big Thanks to Len, Steve, & Bob for all the tows!
                              Nice seeing everyone again. Great day and something to remember and help us get thru our coming winter flying hibernation.
                              Speaking of winter, h9 now has an ASW20 on order for a winter assembly.
                              Take Care,
                              Tom
                              Attached Files

Comment

• The turkeys were out in force. 15 sailplane pilots plus some nice club activity at the field as well. Great way to spend a warm holiday Friday.

It was a fun day towing for me. Had to swap tramsmitter packs late in the afternoon while Porter #2 drank more than a few gallons of fuel battling the wind. Damn those CARF 800's are heavy! So glad we could give the Porter a busy day's work before she goes downstairs into the shop to sleep the winter away.

Thanks to everyone who came out an made Turkey Tow 2015 a success!

Steve
                                Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Working...
                                X