Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gordon McLean
    replied
    Pulled the fuse together and built the fin in place. I increased the height of the fin by 2 inches.

Leave a comment:

• Gordon McLean
    replied
    Squaring up the tail end and setting the tailpost.

Leave a comment:

• Gordon McLean
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Gordon McLean
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Gordon McLean
    replied
    Into the fuse jig...

Leave a comment:

• Gordon McLean
    replied
    While the sides are luan, I ran 1/16" aircraft ply back through the wing saddle, and then laminated 1/4" aircraft ply to create a strong engine box.
    Last edited by Gordon McLean; 08-05-2022, 02:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gordon McLean
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Gordon McLean
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Gordon McLean
    replied
    I had ribs for the Pegasus laser cut using a modified NACA 2415 airfoil. I used the same airfoil that was on a T-170 that my dad built years ago. This airfoil exhibits a very smooth lift/drag curve which provides very predictable handling in pitch at all speeds. It was amazing at low speeds on the T-170. Interestingly, when I overlay the airfoil onto the Pegasus plan, they are very similar.
    Last edited by Gordon McLean; 08-05-2022, 10:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kjkavaney
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0005.JPG
Views:	770
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	41285 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0006.JPG
Views:	818
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	41286 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0002.JPG
Views:	763
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	41283Here are some photos of the detachable horizontal stabs I talked about earlier on my 108% Peg. These stabs were salvaged Aero Tech Extras but I am sure most any symmetrical airfoil that is strong enough that hold the servos would work...they are held on by a 4-40 allen bolt threaded into a piece of oak dowel glued inside the carbon tube. It has worked flawlessly for hundreds of assemblies..
    On one side the bolt is left fully inserted, while on the other side it is screwed in and out with allen wrench. female tubes were made by wrapping wax paper over the carbon tubes. connectors are by Digi Key which are a bit hard to come by but I bet MXP or others would work too.
    Keep up the good work... Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003.JPG
Views:	797
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	41284

Leave a comment:

• Dave Smith
    commented on 's reply
    Our V-Tail peg stabs are removable as well, but the tubes they mount on are permanently attached to the airframe. Nevertheless it certainly saves some transport and storage space. I'll post some pix in the next few days. Same technique could be used for horizontal stabs, with the added advantage that the tubes could be dismounted too.

• Gordon McLean
    commented on 's reply
    Hey Kevin...I would be interested in seeing how it is done...don't go out of your way, just whenever you get it out of storage. thank you !

• kjkavaney
    replied
    Just an option, but I decided to do the 108% with removable horizontal stabs so I would have more room in my van for gliders on the way to the flying field.
    I found some salvaged ARF 1/3rd scale horizontal stabs on rcgroups , used auto hook up to the servos, and used carbon tubes and a removable 4-40 allen machine screw to allow removal.
    I have had those stabs on and off hundreds of time without fail. Being that they are semi symmetrical, they are actually stronger than the balsa stick design of the original Peg Stabs.
    My Peg is in storage at the moment, but if you want pictures of this, can send some.
    kevin

Leave a comment:

• Dave Smith
    commented on 's reply
    Gord, they are 8" Cub wheels

• Gordon McLean
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Dave...sorry to see that yours took such a hard shot, but glad to see that you are flying again....what size are your wheels?
Working...
X