Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARUP
    replied
    W-w-w-what a-a-a-are -y-y-y-y-y-y-y-you t-t-t-t-t-t-t-talkin' a-b-b-b-bout! S-s-s-s-started c-c-c-c-cuttin' w-w-w-wood t-t-t-today. P-p-p-p-pea-n-n-n-n-nuts g-g-g-gettin' d-d-d-drawn, t-t-t-too!

Leave a comment:

• lenb
    replied
    He's starting to thaw out

Leave a comment:

• Dion Dunn
    replied
    This is going to be good!!!

Hey, I thought we were going to build Peanut Scale rubber jobs for our next project! 😉

Leave a comment:

• lenb
    replied
    Oh Boy!!!
    START CUTTING

Leave a comment:

• ARUP
    replied
    I'll try, Kevin. My ISP is terrible and I think I have the sizes at a level it can handle. I take pictures with lots of pixel density but have to 'belittle' them before posting!

Leave a comment:

• Melchizedek
    replied
    I have a request Michael. When you get going on this build. Can you embiggen your photos? Please

Kevin

Leave a comment:

• ARUP
    started a topic 1923 B3 'Charlotte II' in 1:3 Scale

1923 B3 'Charlotte II' in 1:3 Scale

I bought Vincenzo Pedrielli's book 'Asiago 1924, International Gliding Competition in Italy'. It is about the first gliding competition in this Asiago Plateau area and was probably one of the first gliding competitions in Italy. Germany was the leader as far as gliding was concerned so why not hold a meet and gain experience and share ideas? That was the concept and it worked very well for Italy in future. The University students of the Berlin Akaflieg built a series of flying wings, the 'Charlotte II' being one from 1923. Hermann Winter did the piloting duties at Asiago. The 'Charlotte II' didn't seem to be much of a performer but it sure is interesting! The full scale had a span of 14.65 meters so the model will be ~4.88 meters in span. The three views in the book are by Vincent Cockett. He kindly sent more information about this sailplane via e-mail. Thanks Vince! The plans are drawn but no wood has been cut. This was going to be a 'secret project' which I was going to spring open to everyone at the upcoming Horizon Hobby Aerotow of 2016.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0799.JPG
Views:	484
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	7833 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0800.JPG
Views:	407
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	7834

Working...
X