No announcement yet.

Pike Paradigm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mike. What did you do for your probe install?
    Last edited by Steve P; 07-24-2023, 11:27 AM.
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Get a piece of tubing that the TEK probe slides into. Cut a piece of wood the shape inside the fuselage and drill a hole through it. Glue that tube into the wood piece. Then glue that to the fuselage with the tube projecting a little above the fuselage. Connect plastic tube from there back to the pressure sensor connector on the raven, eagle, sparrow whatever.

I also keep a short piece of silicone tubing over the tek probe to seal the connection to the fuselage.

I located mine behind the wing.

Comment

Flight mode settings for the Paradigm mentioned in Mike’s posts. Gave me some thoughts for the Chilli.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	43.4 KB ID:	49456
        Last edited by Steve P; 08-06-2023, 10:05 PM.
        Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Other Paradigm graphic…
          Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	49458

Comment

Some things to note besides the obvious camber presets.

The aileron to rudder mix changed quite a bit for the lower speed modes.

Likewise the max throws get reduced in the high speed modes. This keeps to the model from getting too touchy had high speeds on roll and pitch.

As expected, aileron to flap stays the same, that number is related to the ratio of the lengths of the surfaces. The paradigm has some pretty long ailerons so the mix into the flap is lower than if you had something where the ailerons and flaps were a similar length.

Elevator to camber mixes are adjusted to the camber presets. This keeps you from taking the airfoil out of the design range for camber on the airfoil.

The only other item that is different is the aileron to flap and control ranges in the thermal mode where roll inputs might be a little more active That one was the surprising one. Still trying to decide if I like it.

Comment

The chart from Philip Kolb is super nice and Mike’s experiences are invaluable.

Five flights in, I’m really happy with the Paradigm. Still trimming and tweaking to my personal tastes (biases) — overlooked the one degree camber in “normal” mode so that’s now in place for some more get acquainted flights this weekend.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	278.6 KB ID:	49480

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	290.7 KB ID:	49481

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	141.3 KB ID:	49482

Comment

Ooh dats nice. And, best, it all works. It sees the sky and talks to Albatross.

The new app for the Raven and Eagle is cool and works too. Even have a PowerBox vario in there for when I'm just fun flying.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	93.8 KB ID:	49486

Comment

Working...
                X