Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Model Box Covid 19 Shameless Commercial!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Model Box Covid 19 Shameless Commercial!

During this uncertain COVID 19 pandemic, retail businesses will be effected including The Model Box. We know that you will be working on projects during this time and when you need additional items, please give us a chance to fulfill your needs! Depending on your order amount we will do our best to include a discount, and as a small business we do not charge tax Most of our distributors are shipping as normal, others not, we will ship from our location and also directly from Horizon Hobby! We've been in business for 32 years and we, including you, have never experienced anything to this magnitude. Thank you for the opportunity to help you!

The Model Box
    205 978 8787

Stay Well

Jeremy & Janet

SCC AAA TT TN

How many times have we heard (or said), "I wish I had time to build something."

WELL...look at it this way, that wish has been granted!!!
    A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

So...this morning, I took inventory and made a list of everything I need to finish the building projects currently in process. Then, I called the Model Box and ordered everything on the list!

First major item was a roll of the new Oratex fabric covering for the fuselage and stab of my Aviation Concepts 1/3-scale 2-33.

Next was replenishment stock of Deluxe Materials Aliphatic Resin and Speed Bond glue plus a bottle of Cover Grip...Love these products!

Then a list of hardware items like 1/4" DuBro axles and Hangar 9 Pro-Link 4-40 pushrods.
      A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

My list of build projecrts:

1) Final touches on Peter Goldsmith Designs Cessna L-19 ~ installing engine, exhaust system, and fuel system. Still need to paint the cowling.

2) Finish the Aviation Concepts Schweizer 1/3-scale 2-33 ~ hey, it's only taken six years

3) Finish the PAU Viper ST that I got two years ago ~ just needs engine, exhaust system, and fuel system installed ~ why does that sound familiar

4) Finish the Peter Goldsmith Designs Foxbat RES Nostalgia class sailplane ~ all framed up, needs to be covered.

5) Start building the beautiful Aviation Concepts Cessna 185 kit ~ before Gunny completely gives up on me!

6) Then there are the reserve kits I have in stock, PGD Schweizer 1-26, Cmelak, L19, and Opal.
        A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Now that you wrote it down and put it out there, you better get it done!! No pressure.

Len Buffinton
          Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• gunny11
            gunny11 commented
            Editing a comment
            Muhahahaaa.....

What I have gotten done (from kit to flight) in the last 25 months.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_92.jpg
Views:	913
Size:	218.6 KB
ID:	40490

Name:	IMG_3040.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	40491

Name:	IMG_92.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	40492

Name:	IMG_3042.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	40493

Name:	IMG_3040.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	189.7 KB
ID:	40494

Name:	IMG_3039.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	221.4 KB
ID:	40495

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

You didn't post the new building, kitchen at the church, mens bathroom, kitchen storage, weather station and I'm sure a ton more!! You're like a production facility.

Len Buffinton
            Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• JimD
              JimD commented
              Editing a comment
              ...just some minor little side projects!

• gunny11
              gunny11 commented
              Editing a comment
              🙄 he's more busy now, now that he's been retired!

Does Jim ever sleep ?? OMG the pictures are overwhelming on what he has gotten done in two years. Very Impressive Doctor Dolly...
            Minneapolis Kevin.

Comment

Jeremy (aka Swiss1 of The Model Box) is now under lock down, but can still get items shipped direct to your home!

Being a small businessman and sole proprietor has its rewards, but this national emergency shut down is devastating this sector. If you are building something and need parts or supplies, or if you are looking for something to build, check with Jeremy. He just shipped out a box of items I needed for the list of build projects mentioned above. One item that I am anxious to get is the Oratex (replacement for Solartex fabric) covering for the 2-33.
              A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Thank's for the shameless endorsement Jim
                Also thanks to Gordon McLean and Tom Pack for your orders, please keep them coming, we really need them right now

THE MODEL BOX
                205 978 8787

Jeremy

SCC AAA TT TN

Comment

Peter Goldsmith recently gave an excellent video tutorial on finishing a sheeted wing with glass cloth from Deluxe Materials using Z-Poxy Finishing Resin. Being a long-time fan of Super Phatic and Aliphatic from Deluxe, and knowing The Model Box sells this line, a call to Jeremy soon had the goods on their way to me. Now I have no excuse - where did I put that PGD Smellyak kit?

Seriously, send your business the way of our loyal hobby vendors, especially during this challenging time.
                  Bruce DeVisser
                  OH Marketing LLC
                  Rosenthal Models USA

Name:	IMG_1142.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	40890

Comment

• JimD
                    JimD commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Amen, you tell 'em Bruce...Peter introduced me to the Deluxe Materials products in January 2017 when I started on his 1-26 kit...absolutely love the whole line of products and they (and Jeremy) have sure gotten a lot of business from me since. So far the only kit of Peter's that I have not completed is the Opal (and I have the kit). Wonder if they offer 55 gallon drum size bottles. LOL

Originally posted by Scalesoaring View Post
                  Peter Goldsmith recently gave an excellent video tutorial on finishing a sheeted wing with glass cloth from Deluxe Materials using Z-Poxy Finishing Resin. Being a long-time fan of Super Phatic and Aliphatic from Deluxe, and knowing The Model Box sells this line, a call to Jeremy soon had the goods on their way to me. Now I have no excuse - where did I put that PGD Smellyak kit?

Seriously, send your business the way of our loyal hobby vendors, especially during this challenging time.
                  Bruce DeVisser
                  OH Marketing LLC
                  Rosenthal Models USA

Name:	IMG_1142.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	40890
                  Do they have a product for filling pin holes in figerglass skins to prepare for paint. I have been using stuff from the auto store.

Comment

Originally posted by Csessa View Post

Do they have a product for filling pin holes in figerglass skins to prepare for paint. I have been using stuff from the auto store.
                    I don't believe Deluxe has anything for glass work.
                    For fiberglass, I have had great success with BVM Jets Pinhole Filler for years. You still need to clean the fiberglass first - hot soapy water, a thorough rinse, then a complete drying (in the sun works but not too long). Then follow their directions. YMMV. https://shopbvmjets.com/index.php?ma...products_id=99.

Jeremy may have another product as well - give him a call!
                    Bruce DeVisser

Comment

BVM pinhole filler is nothing more than “paste wood filler” used in furniture production. It is a fine clay suspended in linseed oil and turpentine and is used to fill open grain woods such as oak and mahogany when a perfectly filled, level finish is desired. Usually it is sold in a natural color state, which is gray or off white such as BVM filler. You can find this product at a much reduced price from suppliers of wood finishing products such as Rockler, Woodworkers Supply and Woodcraft. It requires stir mixing to lift the settled clay off the bottom of the container and it takes a LOT of stirring to get it suspended in the oils.. My career in production furniture/woodworking gave me an ample supply of the stuff and I have used it for years for filling glass pinholes before priming. Old Masters is one manufacturer along with Bhelen and Campbell’s.

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
                        Amen, you tell 'em Bruce...Peter introduced me to the Deluxe Materials products in January 2017 when I started on his 1-26 kit...absolutely love the whole line of products and they (and Jeremy) have sure gotten a lot of business from me since. So far the only kit of Peter's that I have not completed is the Opal (and I have the kit). Wonder if they offer 55 gallon drum size bottles. LOL
                        Hey Jim,

Since you are such a quick and experienced builder, and it looks like you are running low on projects, maybe I should send my Cmelak kit to you! What else do you have to do during SIP? Oh, wait - there is that thing called flying in Cumberland!!

Take care.
                        Bruce

Comment

• JimD
                          JimD commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Well, let's see...next I have to finally finish the 1/3-scale Aviation Concepts 2-33 (it's about 70% completed), then there is the new Aviation Concepts Cessna 185 kit from Gunny, then I will need to decided which of Peter's kits to build after that. In stock: Cmelak II, Cessna L-19, Schweizer 1-26, and the Opal. And both Gunny and Peter are likely to have additional kit offerings after that...
                      Working...
                      X