Flying in Salem CT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying in Salem CT

We're going to be towing.... Check the last post in this thread for more information.

Len

www.ScaleSoaring.com
    Len Buffinton
    Team Horizon Hobby

Hi Len I'm a newbie, back into sailplanes after a 35 year hiatus!, and might try to make it. Keep us posted!

I have a DG-505 ready to maiden.

thanks
    Matt

Comment

Matt,

good to "see" you here! I hope I'll be able to join in this weekend

Petr

Comment

Sorting out some new electronics installations this week and should have at least one (possibly more) of the sailplanes ready by Saturday. Hope to be there if that day works out for the group.

Bob

Comment

Ok guys.

Its seems the consensus is for Saturday. Lets plan on getting an early start so we can maximize the beautiful day that's in the forecast.

See you all there. Pass the word around.

len
          Len Buffinton
          Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

sounds good! see you guys Saturday...being a "newbie" I have many questions..LOL .......what is exact location of the field? Is it a sailplane only field? ....what is considered early for sailplane folks...8am?

Comment

Matt,

Here is a link to directions via the Propbusters web site. They are in Salem, Ct.

<http://www.rcpropbusters.com/flying-field.html>

It is not a sailplane only field, noisey, greasy, and whirly-birdy things flown there too. 8:30-9:00 AM is probably good, Len will straighten me out if I am messed up on that. Good luck and enjoy!!

Great to see that Petr looks like he will make it as well! I bet the lift will start early and work well all day. Good hunting!

Scot

Comment

thanks Scott! Hope you can make it Petr...

I ordered that dolly, not sure if it will be ready by then though...do the other guys generally have one?

Comment

I'm planning to go. things can change last minute but right now I'm in.

Petr

Comment

Hi Matt,

I'll be there by 8:00, no problem.
                    Where are you coming from?
                    I imagine Bob Morrow still has a dolly, let me see If I can find mine.
                    Stay tuned

LEN
                    Len Buffinton
                    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

I'm hoping to come too. I'll bring Dolly too 😀

Comment

I have a dolly that I will bring with me. Not a problem at all.

I likely won't be there until 9 or so.

Bob

Comment

thanks for bringing the dolly guys! I will be there around 8ish coming from Boston. Looking forward to meeting you all.....

....also still figuring best way to keep wings attached (after rods of course)......might just use electrical tape...what size do guys usually use? regular 1/2"?...might eventually go to using an inner system with bolts or velco...

Last edited by hello82; 07-02-2015, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Grown men playing with dollies... *sigh*

I'm hoping to be there, woohoo Salem towing!
                            Nodd - Chris Evans

Comment

Tape question: I just use white electrical tape form Home Depot or the hardware store, typically 3M or similar. I place a strip from the bottom of the root wrapped around to the top of the root. Seems to work pretty well as the forces that would pull the wings apart shouldn't be so great to overcome the tape..........if those forces are greater than what the tape can handle I think you might have bigger problems than keeping the wings on the fuselage.

Thought I would bring some rolls and cold cuts for lunch if people want. Give me an idea of how many people might be there and I can bring some lunch supplies to share.

Comment

Working...
                              X