Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks Bob...just me arriving alone...I'll bring some edible supplies too

Comment

Don will be coming, have not heard from Tom Mavarro.
      Steve P is there too.

Len Buffinton
      Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Ok, so here at Bob's Trailer Deli.......looks like it is at least 8 people that are planning on coming, possibly more. If I plan for about 12 I think that should be enough for the group.

Don't plan on having anything fancy.....I should have hard rolls, condiments, turkey and ham, and cheese slices. Should be good enough for sandwiches. Of course it is very likely I will pack some other things in there too..........wouldn't be a day of aerotowing without having some packages of Tate's choc chip cookies !

Liquid refreshments not included with the meal, so be sure to bring what ever soda, juice, water, snapple, etc that you would like to have.

Let me know if there is anything I should add or edit here (within reason........this isn't a 5 star restaurant operation lol).

Looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday.

Bob

Comment

Have a great time I'm going to be out of state this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by hello82 View Post
            thanks for bringing the dolly guys! I will be there around 8ish coming from Boston. Looking forward to meeting you all.....

....also still figuring best way to keep wings attached (after rods of course)......might just use electrical tape...what size do guys usually use? regular 1/2"?...might eventually go to using an inner system with bolts or velco...
            Matt- i'll have some extra electrical tape (both white and red varieties) with me that your welcome to use and tryout...

Comment

Bob,
              You are too generous as always.
              I'll be sure to bring something for the feast.

See ya there

len
              Len Buffinton
              Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Looks like family gathering obligations may get in the way :-(

If that changes I'll try to be there.

Jeff

Comment

I will be there in the am with my wife and daughter. chances are we'll stay just for couple of hours and head somewhere else. They are trying to find some other entertainment in the area other then aerotowing. Not sure why...

Petr

Comment

See ya there Petr, and all

Comment

I will need pictures of flying!

We are all socked in here with rain...😕
                      A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

It was great seeing you guys again. Big thanks to Bob for the awesome lunch and to Len, Steve and Rob for towing! Sorry Jim I didn't take any pictures. Len was taking some so maybe he'll post some.

Petr

Comment

I had my camera with me or should I say it was in the Van. No excuses, spaced on taking some shots of the new tug. And what a tug it is too! Oh well, I'm sure someone shot something.

Thanks guys for another awesome tow, sure needed my Salem fix. Now I can go back to my workbench a happy man. Until next time!
                          Nodd - Chris Evans

Comment

What a great day of flying....we had a group of at least 10 or more there with a couple tow planes going as needed. Steve, Len, and Bob did towing duty.......many thanks !

Len flew the Bidule for the first flights today.....it is really a great towplane and a real workhorse. Plenty of power and had the sailplanes up in no time at all. I have to get mine completed before Cumberland !

Steve had the Porter going.....reliable as always and a great towing machine.

I flew my Ventus 2c.......great sailplane, my go to sailplane so to speak.Enjoyable flights and great to be back flying with my 12x repaired and working again.

Thanks again to everyone, it was fun to be there enjoying the day together and seeing so many of us from the area.

Bob

Comment

All talk and not a picture, apart from a blurry Bidule image posted by Steve, that could have been plucked from anywhere on the web, and then a phone call from Len late in the afternoon telling me how great the Bidule is for towing Just kidding, but come on we need pictures of this Beast!!

Jeremy and Ben
                              SCC AAA TT TN

Comment

Ok, everyone just CALM DOWN. lol

It was another wonderful day at the Salem field.
                                We welcomed a new pilot into the group today, Matt from the Boston area took the drive down and we maidened his HF models 3.7m DG 505.
                                After a couple small tweaks and adjustments we flew it off a cradle for the first flight.
                                The plane flew great and Matts a fast learner, he was flying it on the second flight and makings some excellent thermal flights.
                                Congrats Matt and welcome aboard, we're glad to have you with us.

THE BIDULE......

Holy cow Bateman!!! AND WE HAVE A WINNER'

Really not knowing what to expect from this unusual airplane,we fueled it and off it went
                                Its a beauty.Powerful, stable and predictable. Here are some shots.

Len Buffinton
                                Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Working...
                                X