Tomahawk Wilga 1:3-scale 3.7m towplane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomahawk Wilga 1:3-scale 3.7m towplane

Shelter-in-Place, aka procrastinate pace, mind drifts to space, etc., - okay, enough. I've cleared the backlog of home projects, the shop is clean or nearly so, another day or two of reorganizing, and I will once again have room to continue on the Wilga build, Build isn't a fair description - assembly is more accurate. Even 'tho' this 3.7m giant will be fully tricked out, it is so pre-fabricated that I really should be able to do it in a couple of weeks, if I stick to it. Alas, I still have to process customer orders, receive shipments form Europe, and ship stuff out to customers. It all takes time as my brain only functions at about 25% in German.

On to the assembly prep - first the specs:
    Tomahawk Aviation Wilga 1:3-scale; custom painted in the mold
    Construction: Fully molded fiberglass and carbon; 2-piece wing; removable stabilizer and rudder; wing servo mounts molded in, working doors
    Options: Scale tailwheel assembly; air and oil cooler intakes; control linkages set; hinge set; radial engine mount; dual elevator servos; instrument panel, cockpit interior and seats; fuselage servo mount kits.
    Wingspan: 3.7m (146 inches)
    Length: 2.7m (106 inches)
    Weight RTF: goal is 55 pounds
    Power: Tomahawk BlackStar 5-cylinder 250cc 4-stroke gas radial
    Propeller; Biela 32 x 14 Wilga scale prop (paddle blade)
    Servos: Hitec 7954SH
    Radio: Jeti DS-24, Central Box 200, dual triple-redundant receivers (2.4Ghz & 900MHz); dual Rx and Ignition batteries
    Accessories: Powerbox iGyro3 & SparkSwitch; full UniLight navigation, strobes and landing light system
    Telemetry: Battery voltages & discharge rate; fuel level & consumption rate; airspeed; altitude, rate of climb, stall warning; cylinder head temperature x 5; RPM.

Phew - that's a lot of parts.

Here are few teaser photos.

like a storch it is ugly cute....cant wait to hear that motor fly by....very worthy project

Comment

Making good progress, but the motivation now is that it has become a build for a customer. Specs are nearly the same, slight changes in the Jeti and Powerbox stuff. Expect to finish up in a
      couple of weeks. Lots of wiring harnesses with all the lighting stuff.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_16694.jpg
Views:	675
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	42086

Click image for larger version  Name:	Wilga left wing nav-strobes-landing.jpg Views:	0 Size:	121.9 KB ID:	42087​​
      Attached Files

Comment

The Wilga was completed in September and picked up by the client. Here are the finished photos. I will add a sequence of the construction photos and info in the next couple of days. The final RTF weight is 53 lbs with fuel. The spinner is custom made, still needs paint.
        Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wilga 35 done 1.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	246.0 KB
ID:	43239 Click image for larger version

Name:	Wilga 35 done 2.jpg
Views:	433
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	43240 Click image for larger version

Name:	Wilga 35 done 3.jpg