No announcement yet.

Aero-Tow at Clover Creek - September 14-17, 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Waco is set up with a 5 cylinder 4 stroke radial, and has been doing its turn in the Tug rotation
    Last edited by Gil R Major; 09-16-2017, 05:38 PM.
    Gil

Gil R Major
    912 604 1087

Comment

This was the record flight
      Gil

Gil R Major
      912 604 1087

Comment

Gil

Gil R Major
        912 604 1087

Comment

Another Aero-tow pilot is born!
          Gil

Gil R Major
          912 604 1087

Comment

Christian was not about to let Mike leave with a time record. 2 hours 14 minutes and 14 Seconds
            Gil

Gil R Major
            912 604 1087

Comment

• Tango Juliet
              Tango Juliet commented
              Editing a comment
              Which aircraft were each of these time records flown on?

Records are made to be broken - David Moser, new Aero-Tow Pilot just landed at 3 hours 1 minute and 40 seconds. He said enough is enough.

To put things in perspective Mike, Christian, and David put the flights up in an area of Tennessee where the might be 10 feet of elevation change in 10 miles.

GREAT JOB by all three!
            Gil

Gil R Major
            912 604 1087

Comment

Tango Juliet

Mike Kelly was flying his Texas Eaglet
              Christian Luniger was his Ventus
              David Moser flew H model Arcus (Swiss's airplane)
              Gil

Gil R Major
              912 604 1087

Comment

• Tango Juliet
                Tango Juliet commented
                Editing a comment
                I think it's most impressive to know that the vintage scale Texas Eaglet was able to turn in such a good time. You almost expect it from the more modern super-slick stuff. I'm at work this week in Houma, LA, watching vultures work thermals on the airfield from my office.

Gil,
              Lower the resolution of the photos and click the first box in the upper right corner of the text box ( where you enter the text)
              THis will allow you to upload more pictures at a bigger size so we can see the detail.

Len
              Len Buffinton
              Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Great time at Clover Creek Aerotow this weekend.
                Fantastic weather after the rain moved out Weds.
                As usual John & Tina were great hosts.
                This year we had 2 sponsored IMAC pilots to help out with towing and join the fun.
                My first ever tow on 1/3 scale Cherokee RM... behind a 5 cylinder Moki powered WACO no less!
                Thanks to Carlos (Futaba) for providing tweaks to my setup.
                Saw Mike Kelly put up a 90 minute flight on his Eaglet.
                Christian and David M. (Horizon) put up even longer ones.
                John specked out my Moswey IV on his first flight with it. Impressive!
                As usual Gil and Skip did a great job keeping the planes in the air.
                Took a few photos (not many). Jeremy has a ton.
                Looking forward to Huntsville in a couple weeks.
                Len - I could not figure out the larger photo process.
                I'm not much with computers.
                Last edited by jmears; 09-18-2017, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	11.6 KB ID:	19305
                  Click image for larger versionName:	Views:	1Size:	641.9 KBID:	19310

More photos
                  Last edited by jmears; 09-19-2017, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Let's see if this works Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0792.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	19313

Comment

Now look at that...!!!

Nice
                      Len Buffinton
                      Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Clover Creek was awesome... again! I feel sorry for those of you who couldn't make it. Tina, John, Skip and Gil really came through for us to make for another memorable event! We got new tow pilots initiated: David (MR. Record Breaker) and 'Tuny' (Carlos S). 'Snatch' towed a lot, too. His landings were something to behold.... smooth as a baby's butt! The lift was great with very little prevailing wind so the thermals went pretty much straight up. We all had help finding thermals due to the huge flocks of 'buzzards' that kept flying about. There wasn't any dead meat lying around and I'm sure Swiss1 had showered before flying. We'd be at quite a height only to see tiny specs for buzzards flying even higher! Thanks Buzzards! Swiss1 helped me get the Spectrum Vario telemetry installed in the Balestruccio so that really helped improve flight times for that bird. It is kinda small so doesn't stay up very long... especially when I fly it. I can't wait to fly there again! The field is like a huge putting green for those of you who have never been there. It was sure a lot of fun flying and socializing with everyone! I will get some pictures up soon. I still have to get the Winamac, IN ones done.

Comment

I'm putting this one on my calendar for next year. Thanks all for the photos and reports for those of us who have to live vicariously through you.
                          [B]"I have not yet begun to procrastinate!"[/B] -- [B][I]Geoff Painter[/I][/B]

Comment

Great weather. great people, brilliant location, special thanks to John, Tina, Gil, Skip, David and Ashley the CC Crew for keeping us in the air, hydrated and fed every day. Next year I will have to break the record with my own plane, so be prepared David!
                            Snatch has lots of pictures so be patient, I only have video of the Timber Carnage on the Pond
                            After packing up on Sunday John flew the 50% Clipped Wing Cub and everyone who wanted to got to fly it, a big pussycat
                            If you have not attended this event you need to put it on your calendar!
                            Gil and David said they will try and visit the Huntsville event for a day next month.

Jeremy and Ben
                            SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Working...
                            X