No announcement yet.

The 2016 great american aerotow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks again Charlie, tow guys, volunteers and crew ...another awesome time...the heat made one feel alive! lol. The food, laughs and friends was all perfect....and the much needed pool.

Killer interesting clouds, great to see Lens real big ship out and flying, pool party and my first Axel pilot arrived from overseas with candy and got his first flights in the 6 meter ASW-22.

Hope to see you all in Vermont and Cumberland soon again.

Just got home with hardly any traffic incidents and planes all in good shape.

see ya
    Matt

Comment

Charlie and Tony,

Thanks for all you do, the time, the work, the caring to give us a good time each year!

I got two great days of flying and two cool days I my basement workshop. Four days of sailplanes.

Steve
      Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Arrived home around 11 last night after several HOT days of flying. Thanks again to Charlie, Tony, Ed and the rest of the SKSS crew for putting on a premier event. Put several flights a day on both the Cularis and the 2-33. Videos will be incoming soon, in the meantime check out this teaser starring Len's DG-800!

Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Wow - That is amazing! Cant wait for the rest. Thanks Kevin
          Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Cool Kevin,
            Thats in real time too. The tow took 10 times longer that the actual decent. What a rush.
            Len Buffinton
            Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Kevin also knows how to beat the tug back to the flight line. Great collaborators Len and Kevin.

Comment

Just so it's clear that I wasn't escaping the heat by bailing out Friday night just to sit on the couch all weekend. But darn it is cool and dry in my shop!

Added 10 feet of counter space, a ton of storage and a ten foot shelf for "stuff." A very satisfying "beat the heat" weekend project.

Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Well that was a Hot event for sure. But the flying was great, food superb and people great!! Charlie, Thank you to you, Tony and your entire crew for another great aerotow. Particularly for the consideration towards the people in the heat by supplying water and an air conditioned clubhouse to seek relief. Your actions made it much more comfortable (and safer) for all.

The tow pilots deserve extra cudos this time for not only being there for us but for subjecting themselves to the heat for extended periods. Thank you Jim, Scott, Len, Steve and the new guy Phil (who did great by the way).

Pictures will be on the way soon.

Great Video Kevin!!

Later,
                  Jeff

Comment

BTW, the 40 foot high-voltage lineman's pole at SKSS got a workout Friday retrieving Erich's plane. It was said they're no longer available. Not so. They're still available and still really expensive.

We purchased one for the BASS club back in the 1990's and so did SKSS -- figuring it was a legitimate club expense. They've both been worth the cost...

http://www.mitchellinstrument.com/ha...FYpkhgodl_kBGA

Comment

Perfect spot landing in a tree after a small programing miscue. Erich did a fabulous job of preventing total destruction.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DJI_0038.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	12298 Click image for larger version

Name:	DJI_0029.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	12299
                      Attached Files
                      Len Buffinton
                      Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

It was a great event! And what a HOT 10th aniversary at the Great American Aerotow...
                        Thanks to Charlie, Tony and Ed and the host club for a great event. Also thank you tow pilots for bearing the heat and getting us up in the air.
                        Charlie, The food was excellent! And thanks guys for the 2016 Top Gun Award for my 1/3 scale 2-33. Love It!

Cant wait for the video Kevin,,, and the pictures that Jeff took. Always looking forward to view them.

Cheers,
                        Gunny
                        Gunny
                        Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

Video is still in progress, but while going through all the footage I came across this!!!! Doesn't get much closer.

Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Picture doesn't even do it justice, so here's a quick video clip!

Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

That looks like a fighter pass on a bomber formation! Was it raining?

Comment

The humidity was 70% or more most days. But I don't think there was rain. Could be ground moisture on the plane or some condensation? Who knows. Nutso bomb run for sure!

Comment

Working...
                                X