No announcement yet.

Southeast Regional Aerotow 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll have my Cherokee, anyone that can fly is welcome to give it a go.

As for the airport, I'll ask Mac but they have events up there at the rate of 2 per month or more so I'd be shocked if its an issue.

Comment

Condolences to Mac. SERA just won't be the same........

AMA remembers Servo

Beloved companion, sidekick, and pet, Servo was laid to rest on March 14. Servo was the official "greeter" for Hodges Hobbies in Andersonville, GA for many years. He became part of the Hodges family after they found him at their home. He immediately assumed his duty as the ambassador for Hodges Hobbies. Servo was buried beside the hobby shop, so he'll always be at home where he was so loved! Family friend Jon Spaller said, "He was always there, but never in the way. Loving enough, but not imposing like many dogs can be. Who knows where he came from, but he ended up in just the right place." He will be missed by many.

Comment

That sucks.
        I was hoping to see him this month. When we were there last year, Servo would come by every day, say Hi, then go about his journey to the next person. Like it says, never imposing, just there.

Great dog....
        He will be missed.
        Len Buffinton
        Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by AGriffith View Post

As for the airport, I'll ask Mac but they have events up there at the rate of 2 per month or more so I'd be shocked if its an issue.
          I think we'll be OK as long as we stay below 400 ft. Or was it 4000? FAAAAAA.

Looking forward to seeing Georgia again. Peachy.

Comment

Looks like Friday the 22nd is going to be a FULL moon...........Fantastic!

Comment

If anyone needs any Hobby Products brought to the event please let me know. I will do my best to bring along anything anyone might need. You can PM me or call me at
              The Model Box 205 978 8787.
              Thanks

Jeremy and Ben
              SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

If anyone needs big E-Flite Blanik wings or a canopy let me know, can deliver to event.

I'm really looking forward to this!

Comment

• kd4jaz
                  kd4jaz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  should I ask what happened to the rest of the Blanik?

If anyone would like to own a BEAUTIFUL ASK-13 5.33 M sailplane with awesome detail built by Dennis Brandt ( see his DEMONA thread for a taste of his quality) I can bring it to GA if its paid for or has a deposit on it.

PM me for more details

$5000.00

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1209.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	9298 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0119.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	9299
                Len Buffinton
                Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Looks like I'm going to try and leave from the office on Wednesday afternoon, should put me at Mac's by no later than 8pm...Anything I should know about arriving that late?

Comment

• Xroadie
                    Xroadie commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Last one there brings the beer!

• lenb
                    lenb commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You may only get one flight in before dark

Guys and Gals,
                  It looks like SEFF is taking the weather hit for us this week at Mac's place. Next week's forecast looks stellar and as we all know, that could change but as Len points out so often, "if you wait for weather to go to an event, you'll likely never go."

We're expecting a good crowd this year with 20 pre-registered through this site and known numbers who have indicated they plan to attend but have not registered. If you have not registered and plan to attend, give us a shout-out so we can do more accurate planning.

We will be preparing lunch on site Thursday-Saturday. Tentative menu is pulled-pork for Thursday, sausage and hot dogs Friday and hamburgers on Saturday. Entrée, chips, drink and cookies will run $6. Water and soda will be available throughout the day for $1 each. We'll plan to break for lunch around 1PM.

Some notes for campers, most of which goes without saying:
                  There are four full bathrooms with showers available. Mac and his crew keep these up so we need to do the same. You'll need to bring your own towels/cloths, soap and it wouldn't hurt to throw in a roll of toilet paper just in case. Also, don't forget to bring flip- flops or water shoes for the showers. If you don't know why, just PM me. Please be respectful regarding loud noise after 10PM.

The lunch propane grill will be available if you want to "burn" something for supper or breakfast. Please don't plan on cooking anything that will take a long time so as to help preserve gas. Pots, pans or griddles will not be available. A lot of campers will go into town to eat supper and then return to the field for an evening of sitting around the fire pit, etc, etc. You might want to wait and buy food items to cook on arrival in Americus so you can scope out what others will be doing. A really nice grocery store is on the "field side" of town and is a short 10-15 minute drive. We will try to have something in the way of pastries for breakfast and you can usually find a coffee pot or two on one of the tables. I will have an electric kettle available if you want to bring coffee of the instant variety. I'll also have 1/2 & 1/2 and powdered creamer available. BTW, if you have an extra ice chest and room to bring it, it would help us with drinks and other items that need to be iced.

For anyone who might be wondering, proceeds from the event go to Mac Hodges for obvious reasons. If possible, please be prepared to pay entry and lunch fees in cash to make it easier to reimburse costs associated with the event. Remember: event is $50 for all four days or $15 per day.

There will be some interesting planes to see. I'm excited about seeing Len's Bidule 170, a first look at the big brother to my 111 version. I first saw Christian Luginger's phenomenal EDF powered EMS 1:2.5 and 1:3 gliders at Clover Creek last year and Jeremy Hartmann's turbine powered Porter is always a hit. I know there will be many other exciting models as well.

If you have specific questions or need further info you can PM me, Andrew Griffith, Kris Van Nostran or just post them on this thread.

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!

Comment

Ready to pack up for SERA 2016. Can't wait to meet you guys again.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing you too Christian, and every one else. Been Spring Cleaning the Trailer today ready for loading on Tuesday, we expect to arrive shortly after midday Wednesday!

Jeremy and Ben
                      SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Exciting new today, Pete Goldsmith contacted me and said he's going to come to the aerotow for a few days!! Looking forward to seeing the Weihe Sailplane he has.

Hey Christian, LOVE the Arcus you have there.... Gonna be a great time.
                        Len Buffinton
                        Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• Asher Carmichael
                          Asher Carmichael commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I knew Pete was going to possibly be in the south for several events and was wondering if he might show for a day. This is just getting better and better!

• Xroadie
                          Xroadie commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I was hoping he'd hang around for a couple days after SEFF

I was just talking to our guys, looks like we would like to come as well. Our Sprinter is still full of sailplanes and paragliders we wanted to take to the SEFF, but weather had different planes.
                        Does my 5m Oxy 5 with Trike XL classifies as scale sailplane? ;-)

Zb/Esprit
                        Attached Files

Comment

I'd love to see those Paragliders.

PreRegister if you're attending. http://www.scalesoaring.com/#!southe...stration/qvmfq

Len
                          Len Buffinton
                          Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Working...
                          X