No announcement yet.

Southeast Regional Aerotow 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be coming from Atlanta with Tom Harper, I recently bought an HKM 6.6m Nimbus, looking forward to this event.

Nathan

Comment

Hi Nathan, Looking forward to meeting you and Tom at the event. The HKM Nimbus is a great flying plane. Had one years ago and it thermals forever and its strong as hell.

LEN
      Len Buffinton
      Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

I towed Nathan for his maiden flight of his Nimbus 4 today here in Atlanta. The flight went perfect and I have to say what a nice sailplane this is. I flew my 50% Ka-6 today and had an explosive decompression of the canopy after doing a loop Canopy parts were raining down from the sky Axel stayed in the cockpit but had one arm hanging out on landing and a brown stripe down the back side of his pants. I look forward to meeting you guys and flying with you at Mac's. See you then. Tom

Comment

Explosive decompression..... There's one for the glossary.

See you in Americus!!!

Len
          Len Buffinton
          Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

If you would like a tee shirt or other swag for SERA 2016 you can find it here:

Looking for the ideal Gifts? Come check out our giant selection of T-Shirts, Mugs, Tote Bags, Stickers and More. CafePress brings your passions to life with the perfect item for every occasion. ✓Free Returns ✓100% Satisfaction Guarantee ✓Fast Shipping

Please note that there will be no items available at the event. This is shaping up to be a stellar aerotow. We already have 5 pre-registered and all of them are "newcomers". I've heard that many who were in attendance last year will be returning so it looks like a great turnout is in the making. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Comment

Hi all. New guy here. Don't have a glider any more, but looking for an excuse to get back into the hobby after a little hiatus. I'm planning on being at the aero tow on Thursday and Friday. Hope to meet some of you there and learn something. Cheers.

Bryan

Comment

Hi Bryan, glad you found us, I'm sure we will have something on hand for you to get a little stick time and have all your questions answered.
                See you there

Jeremy and Ben
                SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

Hi Bryan,

Welcome about. Happy to see yet another rc'er joining the ranks. How did you find us? ( marketing question)

See you in GA

LEN
                  Len Buffinton
                  Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Sounds good, like Jeremy said, we can find you something to fly.

Comment

Len,
                      I was a member of RCAerotow a while back and had just gotten started in aerotowing and sailplanes when I got out of the hobby. You and I have spoken before. John Frank is a buddy of mine. Looking to get going again, so I figured I would head on down to Andersonville and see what is going on these days. I live just outside of Atlanta, so it should be an easy trip. Hope to see you there.

Bryan

Comment

I plan to come up for Friday and Saturday. Don't laugh, but I'm bringing a Parkzone Ka8 and Multiplex Heron Guess I better bring the Funcub too.
                        Dave

Comment

Hi Dave,
                          The Parkzone K-8 flies great, no laughing here... I may have to bum a flight off you.
                          Looks like we'll all have a blast!!!
                          Len Buffinton
                          Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Yes, SERA 2016 is shaping up to be a stellar event. We already have 12 pre registered and only 2 of those were in attendance last year! We've also had verbal commitments from many others.
                            We're planning on having a grill onsite to toast up some burgers, dogs and Conecuh sausage for lunch Thursday-Saturday and of course we'll have the venerable fire pit which was such a hit in the evenings last year. Bring what you have to fly in the way of scale soaring and have some FUN!

Comment

Asher,

Is there any chance there could be flying Wednesday? I'll be in the area for the week, but have to leave Saturday for the 2 day drive back to New England. Really looking forward to this event.

​Scot

Comment

• Asher Carmichael
                                Asher Carmichael commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Scot, I plan to be there early PM on Wednesday if you need a tow. There may be a few other early arrivals with schleppers but that will have to remain a wait and see proposition. I can't imagine Mac Hodges would have any problem with you flying at any point on Wednesday if you are so equipped. I'll do my best to get there as early as possible.
                                Asher

Asher, That sounds great! I'll have a Bidule 170 along with 3-4 sailplanes to fly. Even if I can just burn some holes in the sky with the Bidule I'll be good. Never been to Mac's place, so looking forward to it greatly!

Scot

Comment

Working...
                              X