Weather report this week — looks great!

Cheers, Thompson

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bristol VT Weather.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	3889

Comment

yes it is, had a 50 minute sailplane ride at Sugarbush this afternoon. The Pilot found the "Wave" and I was able to fly about 10 - 15 minutes. Realy cool. OH Steve..... about the Hat!

Yes, I got it for you!

Comment

Brilliant, in the ASK-21? I have to schedule a flight... I bet you had good weather, it was absolutely beautiful outside up here today!
        Cheers, Thompson

Comment

It was very clear and not too bumpy

Comment

Excellent Dave!!! Congratulations

We'll be up Thursday, around noon.. If you are around we can do some flying

LEN
            Len Buffinton
            Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Rolled into the field this morning and its already packed.... This is the day BEFORE the event starts.

THIS PLACE IS AWESOME!!!!!!

Green Mountains and open fields as far as you can see. Fantastic weather, actually a little hot today...
              I registered and received a bottle of VT maple syrup and a big candy bar from a local supplier.
              Marc and the guys have this place looking like a golf course. Nice work guys...
              Time to get ready for a HUGE day of flying tomorrow.

YIPEEEEEEEE

LEN

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1646.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	3934 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1645.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	3935 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1655.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	3936
              Len Buffinton
              Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Either I'm not in Vermont or this is not September! Hard to believe the "Warmth" both the Meterological and our Hosts. Great group! Lots of flying from every one but me, just felt like watching. Len was a true Towing Warrior today, I.m sure all are appreciative

Comment

Rocking AWESOME day! WOW, as Dave said, the weather was exceptional.

Sunny, hot and in the mid 80s with BOOMING thermals, epic thermals. Several were caught out in these and had big big HUGE lift. Started after lunch in the mid-afternoon around 2pm above and to the south of Hogback mountain ridge. Must have been formed from Bristol Pond. The clouds started forming and a Fox from one of our Canadian guests found it first! Imagine a Fox being a thermaling monster. Guess we choose wisely for a club name, Green Mountain Thermal Corps… All of the sailplane pilots earned their stripes today!

Here are some photos, Jeff D. was shooting as well and I'm sure will have some great ones to come!

AMA rep in style, Assoc. Vice President, Pete Galligan from Rutland, VT was in awe of the scale sailplanes!

Comment

Thompson said it all. Crazy lift today. Never seen anything like it.
                    At one point, the tow plane and the sailplane on tow were both going vertical like a elevator ride. Simply amazing to watch.

Great piloting by all the pilots today, there are some very skilled people in these parts. Nice to see everyone out and having such a great time. My thanks today to Matt and Josh for taking care of me, the towing order, the traffic pattern and hooking lines all day. Its a thankless but much needed job.

The Bidule rocked today!! 6+ gallons of fuel burned over 8 1/2 hours of towing. Lets do it all over again tomorrow.

Congratulations to all the guys who did their first aerotow, as well as Scot for a fantastic maiden with his new Arcus and Don for the same with his new CARF DG800.
                    Beautiful planes guys

LEN
                    Len Buffinton
                    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Len, awesome tow aircraft you have! I want one! Thank you for showing me more towing pointers! Tony.......video is almost loaded, stay tuned!

Comment

Day 1......
                        Green Mountain Thermal Corp, 2015 Aero Tow

Comment

Just got in to Middlebury tonight, just after midnight.......sailplanes are in the trailer and my Bidule is in the back of the car ready to go.

I'm planning on being at the field early tomorrow morning to help with towing.

Looks like the flying has been amazing so far. Looking forward to seeing everyone in the morning.

Bob

Comment

Photos from Saturday.

Beautiful warm weather, but super windy. Strong 12+ mph gusting to 23 south winds. Most pilots found comfort in the ridge soaring from natural landscape, the rise at the end of our runway from Bristol Pond and were happy to stay aloft for long flights.

The workhorse needed some love, nose gear steering servo attention.

Several Hanger 9 ASW-20s — a solid performer all day in these windy conditions. Note: Change of weather lenticular clouds.

Comment

More Saturday photos…

Pilots in the groove.

Happy place for one, yes it was that windy…

Moo on you

Bob M's Arcus in for a windy approach… wait for it down at the end, then back up and…. Woah! Jeff D and Dan were caught out, but luckily were on it — love to see it from Jeff's lens!

Comment

Etienne and Marc relaxing. Salto with Jetextender 08 getting ready for post dinner show.

Workhorse Bidule(s)

Yes, it was THAT windy again. Lost canopy on Tom M. Blanik… Where's Shaggy and Scooby when you need them!?!

Winds finally decided to calm down just in time for dinner, Vermont style.

Lucky winner of the raffle prize Whipit DLG from Jeremy Swiss1 www.TheModelBox.net Matt G of Green Mountain Thermal Corps!

Comment

Working...
                                X