• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2022 Sky High Aerotow - Muncy, PA - September 15-18

September 15-18, 2022
    The Sky High Aerotow, Muncy, PA

REGISTRATION COMING SOON!

Join ScaleSoaring.com and our host Mark Eisele for another scale soaring weekend in beautiful Central PA. This site in Muncy offers spectacular views, well-maintained grass runway, and tons of blue sky, hat-sucking thermal soaring! Multiple tow planes capable of towing sailplanes up to 10 meter wing spans. E-sailplanes welcome. Fly until dark each day!

$20/day, $60/4-days entire event, $40/entire event for active tow pilots

LOCATION... High Acre Lane Intersection of County Line Road and High Acre Lane, Muncy PA 17756

Ample area for large camper or tent camping on site, no hook-ups. Please enter and travel on High Acre Lane past the white house VERY SLOWLY!

Daily lunch Thursday, Friday and Saturday on site for a $5/day donation.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	116.2 KB ID:	47878
    Last edited by Steve P; 06-03-2022, 02:48 PM.
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

REGISTRATION NOW OPEN! https://www.scalesoaring.com/sky-high-aerotow
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

A great time of year and a beautiful location. Now legal!

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	48209

Comment

Cool, hope to make it there again next month Steve, was a super blast in spring!

Matt

Comment

REGISTRATION OPEN! https://www.scalesoaring.com/sky-high-aerotow September 15-18

Those who have flown Sky High (aka Muncy aka High Acre Farm) know what a spectacular soaring site it is and what a great host we have in Mark Eisele. If you haven't been there yet, this could be your year!

CAMPING is a big plus at Sky High. The site is dead flat, the grass is lush and there are even some tucked away spots if one is feeling antisocial. If hotel costs have you down, pitch a tent, SUV camp or whatever you please. There are always several folks glamping in RV's or tent camping so you'll have plenty of company and a nice camp fire to sit around each evening. If camping is not your thing, between Williamsport (home of the Little League World Series so there are lots of hotels, Milton, and Bloomberg there are a ton of options.

Dave Harris took these shots a day before the crowd arrived for the spring event. Gives a great overview of camping options...

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	303.2 KB ID:	48278

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	337.2 KB ID:	48277

Last edited by Steve P; 08-15-2022, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Does any know what is blowing out room reservations on the weekend? Weekday rates are cheap but most things are booked for Friday, Saturday.

Comment

• Steve P
              Steve P commented
              Editing a comment
              Hotel rates are insane everywhere especially weekends. I booked the aerotows months ago w cancelable rates. Bloomsberg, Danville, and the Milton area may be options versus Williamsport. Balloon Fest when is usually same weekend as Sky High, but is 9/11 this year.
              Last edited by Steve P; 08-22-2022, 04:03 PM.

• Sinkhappens86
              Sinkhappens86 commented
              Editing a comment
              Last year it was college graduation, hotels in Williamsport were packed.

Little League?

Comment

• Steve P
              Steve P commented
              Editing a comment
              Little League WS ends Aug 28.

I Have a couple tents I can lend

Comment

GPS courses for sport and scale classes have been uploaded to GPS Triangle League.

Comment

A great forecast awaits!

Name:	
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	48450

$#!+ just got serious!

Name:	
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	48451

Comment

And… the sun sets on another Sky High Aerotow! Thanks to Stephane for this great photo.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	72.4 KB ID:	48455

Before I get to the rest of the thanks, time to mark your 2023 calendars! We plan to return for the spring Sky High event in May with target dates of May 18-21 and again in the early fall looking toward September 7-10. Of course, there is always the early arrivals on Tuesday and Wednesday.

On to the praise! My deepest thanks to all of you for attending and helping to make these weekends among the very best of the annual soaring calendar. Love our little community of soar heads!

To the busy tow pilots — Len, Steve K, Juan, and Tom. A bit of Gunny and Dustin? You’re the best! The mighty Bidule and I too enjoyed hauling all the beautiful sailplanes. I hope you each received the $10 discount on registration as our small token of fuel appreciation. There can never be too many tow planes! Get building this winter.

Huge thanks to Louisa and Wendy for helping make the lunch line move with a smile, laughter and so quickly! Yes you CAN have three pieces of lunchmeat and two pieces of cheese! Noted that even more half Oreo half vanilla cookies are needed in the future because Len ate them all. Thanks to Len for collecting the lunchtime green dough each day. (Couldn’t ask for a better partner in these events.). Inflation really hit us at the deli counter, but keeping the lunch number at $5 was the right thing to do.

I so appreciate Conio for running registration each day and making certain everyone was signed in. Can’t find a better bookkeeper anywhere! Not sure what AMA does with those forms, but we always get them in promptly!

To Bruce and Brian who won the long distance award coming all the way from California! So great to have you with us!

To Mark as the landowner we’d all like to have as a brother. He always calls us family, welcome anytime, and we feel exactly the same way. Another part of the human aspect that makes this hobby and flying from High Acre Farm such a joy. It’s the people, not just the planes.

Finally, again, my thanks to each of you — everyone — who came out and made it another wonderful time. I appreciate you! Now go mark your 2023 calendar.

Steve

Comment

Well said... Great times were had. A bit chilly Friday morning. This is the greatest group of guys AND gals. Thank Michelle and Luisa for the apple strudel and ice cream for the campers at the fire ring gathering.
                    thanks to Dustin and his son for helping me look for my plane and retrieving from the tree.

Looking forward to next year's Muncy events.

Comment

Thanks to all for everything! Great to see friends old and new at one of the best flying sites in the world!

Comment

Ya, Muncy is a great site, but the best part are the pilots and crews. As always, thanks for all the tows. Thanks to Stephane who is always willing to get his hands in on repairs large or small.

I even got 9 triangles before the disaster. But all is good.

great to have next years potential dates this early. Makes plans for next year much easier.

Comment

Great weather, great venue and great company

thanks Steve and Len to put this event together

here is couple pictures

Stéphane
                          Horizon Hobby Team Member

Comment

Working...
                          X