Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mlachow
    commented on 's reply
    It takes two left wings to make a flat spin special. Flat spin roll.

• French1
    commented on 's reply
    Flat spin special!

• mlachow
    replied
    This was an interesting setup
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Twisted Fox.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	278.3 KB
ID:	48536

Leave a comment:

• Csessa
    replied
    Thanks Jeff. The sunsets are just outstanding.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff D
    replied
    Once again a great time at Muncy. Thank you to Len,Steve, Mark and others for organizing this. Towpilots, thank you for keeping us going. Also to the ladies (and Steve) for putting together the lunches.

Here is the link to the album:
    Explore this photo album by Jeff Duhaime on Flickr!

Enjoy,
    Jeff

Leave a comment:

• French1
    replied
    Great weather, great venue and great company

thanks Steve and Len to put this event together

here is couple pictures

Leave a comment:

• Csessa
    replied
    Ya, Muncy is a great site, but the best part are the pilots and crews. As always, thanks for all the tows. Thanks to Stephane who is always willing to get his hands in on repairs large or small.

I even got 9 triangles before the disaster. But all is good.

great to have next years potential dates this early. Makes plans for next year much easier.

Leave a comment:

• Soaranator
    replied
    Thanks to all for everything! Great to see friends old and new at one of the best flying sites in the world!

Leave a comment:

• Soarntz
    replied
    Well said... Great times were had. A bit chilly Friday morning. This is the greatest group of guys AND gals. Thank Michelle and Luisa for the apple strudel and ice cream for the campers at the fire ring gathering.
    thanks to Dustin and his son for helping me look for my plane and retrieving from the tree.

Looking forward to next year's Muncy events.

Leave a comment:

• Steve P
    replied
    And… the sun sets on another Sky High Aerotow! Thanks to Stephane for this great photo.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	72.4 KB ID:	48455

Before I get to the rest of the thanks, time to mark your 2023 calendars! We plan to return for the spring Sky High event in May with target dates of May 18-21 and again in the early fall looking toward September 7-10. Of course, there is always the early arrivals on Tuesday and Wednesday.

On to the praise! My deepest thanks to all of you for attending and helping to make these weekends among the very best of the annual soaring calendar. Love our little community of soar heads!

To the busy tow pilots — Len, Steve K, Juan, and Tom. A bit of Gunny and Dustin? You’re the best! The mighty Bidule and I too enjoyed hauling all the beautiful sailplanes. I hope you each received the $10 discount on registration as our small token of fuel appreciation. There can never be too many tow planes! Get building this winter.

Huge thanks to Louisa and Wendy for helping make the lunch line move with a smile, laughter and so quickly! Yes you CAN have three pieces of lunchmeat and two pieces of cheese! Noted that even more half Oreo half vanilla cookies are needed in the future because Len ate them all. Thanks to Len for collecting the lunchtime green dough each day. (Couldn’t ask for a better partner in these events.). Inflation really hit us at the deli counter, but keeping the lunch number at $5 was the right thing to do.

I so appreciate Conio for running registration each day and making certain everyone was signed in. Can’t find a better bookkeeper anywhere! Not sure what AMA does with those forms, but we always get them in promptly!

To Bruce and Brian who won the long distance award coming all the way from California! So great to have you with us!

To Mark as the landowner we’d all like to have as a brother. He always calls us family, welcome anytime, and we feel exactly the same way. Another part of the human aspect that makes this hobby and flying from High Acre Farm such a joy. It’s the people, not just the planes.

Finally, again, my thanks to each of you — everyone — who came out and made it another wonderful time. I appreciate you! Now go mark your 2023 calendar.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Steve P
    replied
    A great forecast awaits!

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	48450

$#!+ just got serious!

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	48451

Leave a comment:

• Steve P
    replied
    GPS courses for sport and scale classes have been uploaded to GPS Triangle League.

Leave a comment:

• Soarntz
    replied
    I Have a couple tents I can lend

Leave a comment:

• Sinkhappens86
    commented on 's reply
    Last year it was college graduation, hotels in Williamsport were packed.

• Steve P
    commented on 's reply
    Little League WS ends Aug 28.
Working...
X