No announcement yet.

2022 New England Aerotow - Salem, CT - April 21-24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to Len, Steve P and the RC Propbusters for putting on another great event. Lots of flying all 4 days, got a bunch of flying on the new Diana, man I love this glider. Met some new pilots, hopefully we'll see you guys again at Muncy and beyond!
    Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Many Thanks to Len, Steve, Tow pilots and RC Propbusters for another great event. I had a great time seeing friends and got to practice a little GPS racing too.

Only down side was when I got home I found out my Wife's father passed away earlier that day. So rapid unload of models and Camper, 1 day turn around and off to FL. Back now and getting back to things (and photos) so will post as soon as I can.

Jeff D.

Comment

• horsefeetky
        horsefeetky commented
        Editing a comment
        sorry for your loss and we all enjoy your great photo work at the aero tows you attend..rest up many more to come

Originally posted by Steve P View Post
      Thanks to everyone for making these four successful days of soaring! We had all kinds of weather (no rain) and some spectacular lift (except for Ned on Sunday morning). Thanks to Tom for making the lunch run on Thursday, the club crew for cooking Friday and Saturday, and to Bob Morrow for the feast on Sunday.

We had a good crowd, graduated a few folks to aerotowing, Michael got some stick time on his birds, sucked in some more (that’s you, Gus), a great group of spectators, and had a great time watching young Steven tow his foamy over and over again. There will be some “stories” of ground penetration, but I won’t share, and thanks to Mike we now have a new official tree climber who lives minutes from the field and is worth every penny. I have no less than three retracts to repair!

Huge thanks go to the RC Propbusters for giving over the site for four solid days!!! We’re thankful and glad to add to the treasury. And a huge thanks to anyone who lent a hand along the way and always those who tow so we can go!

Next up is Muncy, PA in May. See you at Sky High Acres!

Steve
      This was my first Aerotow event and I wanted to say "Thank You" to all for your patience in answering my many questions.

I was pleasantly surprised that every pilot I asked for input generously gave me some of their time, providing ample advice on all subjects Sailplane. I surely have a lot more to learn, but as Steve mentioned earlier, I have been sucked in... big time!

I did learn one thing (the hard way): that sailplane pilots occasionally use one earbud (which I didn't see since I was on the other side) to monitor their sailplane's behavior... I know this 'cause one pilot seemed to be ignoring my questions, but I didn't understand why. After a while of silence, he looked at me and said, "Sorry, I can't hear you..." I then walked to his other side and saw the earbud... Talk about focus!...man did I feel foolish... But he was quite gracious and accepted my apology. (Thanks Jeff .. appreciate all of your advice on the Lentus as well).

A big shout out to Len Buffington, (who was kind enough to stick around well after the event had ended), for his help with assembly, setup, and DX18 (gen 1) programming for my newly purchased Multiplex 3M Lentus sailplane (recommended by Steve P as a good choice for a newbie Sailplane pilot - Thanks Steve!). The model flew beautifully for its maiden with Len doing a few nearly silent low flyby's directly overhead (very cool!) and providing comprehensive instructions on thermal chasing. Good times.
      Yup, I'm hooked!

I attached the photo Len took to commemorate the event.
      A perfect end to a great 4 days!

It was a sincere pleasure meeting all of you.
      I look forward to seeing everyone again soon.

For those who can attend the Muncy event, see you next week!

Cheers!
      Gus

Comment

Hi Guys.
        Better late than never. The April event in Salem was an astounding g success despite being in APRIL.....The field is undergoing a major rehabilitation, so future events should have a well manicured surface to fly from.
        Steve P, thanks again and again for doing the grunt work to organize as well as a major portion of the towing for those of us with tow plane issues. You're a true champion of this hobby and we all know it.

Also, a shout out to the Kremer aerotowing team for keeping the tow line moving. Great job guys.
        Welcome aboard Gus, Strap in for an exciting ride.

See you all in MUNCY

Len Buffinton
        Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by gusser View Post
          This was my first Aerotow event and I wanted to say "Thank You" to all for your patience in answering my many questions.

I was pleasantly surprised that every pilot I asked for input generously gave me some of their time, providing ample advice on all subjects Sailplane.

For those who can attend the Muncy event, see you next week!

Cheers!
          Gus
          Gus - thanks for your note and, more importantly, your enthusiasm! It was great to have you there! Thanks too so so many folks who helped Michael get airborne, helped others, as well as chatting up anyone with questions and interest. It was also great to have many from the New Canaan, Newtown and other local clubs come for a day or two to the the dust off their sailplanes!

Glad too your Lentus got airborne. Hope you are brining it to Muncy. Okay to fly electrics while the towing is going on. And, we need to get you some stick time on those.

Muncy starts on Thursday the 12th bright and early!

Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Gus - thanks for your note and, more importantly, your enthusiasm! It was great to have you there!
            Happy to share Steve!

Glad too your Lentus got airborne. Hope you are bringing it to Muncy. Okay to fly electrics while the towing is going on. And, we need to get you some stick time on those.
            Wholeheartedly Agree on getting some much-needed stick time! Yes, the Lentus will be in tow... pardon the pun.

Fyi to all: My RC background is Heli's and quads (DJI style of flying cameras too as I used to dabble in aerial photography).

I have limited fixed-wing stick time since defecting from the whirlybird ranks... Seems I have sort of a double learning curve....fixed wings AND sailplanes... and I now know how different they really are..at least to a newbie to the two genres like myself.

Looking forward to making progress learning the Sailplane ropes as well as the camaraderie and support of the Sailplane faithful at Muncy next week.

g

Comment

Hi All,

Here is the link to the Salem album.
              Explore this photo album by Jeff Duhaime on Flickr!

Enjoy,
              Jeff

Comment

Great Job Jeff, as always.
                Especially like the sand rooster tails are frozen during landings.
                Very cool!
                Thanks for your efforts.
                Gus

Comment

Better late than never, finally went through this footage. Glad I did!

Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

thanks Jeff and Kevin, .....and lol much fun video....and there's thAT LOOPtY T LOOP with the upside down orange stab Dg800 we were laughing about . haha

Matt

Comment

Nice vid Team Kremer. Excellent drone footage. Thanks for the share.
                      Gus

Comment

Working...
                      X