Clear All

• 2022 New England Aerotow - Salem, CT - April 21-24

Registration is open! https://www.scalesoaring.com/new-england-registration

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	46788
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Registration is open! https://www.scalesoaring.com/new-england-registration

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	47463
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Salem GPS CUP is available for download to Albatross…

Veranstaltungen | GPS Triangle League EN (gps-triangle-league.net)
      Last edited by Steve P; 04-18-2022, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Kremer Aerotow Team will be rolling out tomorrow morning!
        Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

see ya all in the morning with cup of joe.....looking forward to it once again

Matt

Comment

Looking forward to this, bringing some friends down to partake as well.

Comment

Nice gliders. Would have been nice if there were some educational opportunities.

Comment

• Sinkhappens86
                Sinkhappens86 commented
                Editing a comment
                Plenty of education going on, we had multiple pilots do their first aerotow. Are you coming tomorrow?

For those asking about my 3D printed seagull, this is their website...

3d print your one rc airplane! Planeprint develops 3d printable rc planes and makes them available for you. Download the stl files and print your own rc plane. Planeprint – Aircraft for pilots

Wish I could have had her flight ready for the event, would have been the only 100% scale glider there :-P
              Nodd - Chris Evans

Comment

• 1 comment

• #8.1
                    Sinkhappens86 commented
                    Yesterday, 09:21 PM
                    Plenty of education going on, we had multiple pilots do their first aerotow. Are you coming tomorrow?
                  • I didn’t feel very welcome as a new person at my first event.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for making these four successful days of soaring! We had all kinds of weather (no rain) and some spectacular lift (except for Ned on Sunday morning). Thanks to Tom for making the lunch run on Thursday, the club crew for cooking Friday and Saturday, and to Bob Morrow for the feast on Sunday.

We had a good crowd, graduated a few folks to aerotowing, Michael got some stick time on his birds, sucked in some more (that’s you, Gus), a great group of spectators, and had a great time watching young Steven tow his foamy over and over again. There will be some “stories” of ground penetration, but I won’t share, and thanks to Mike we now have a new official tree climber who lives minutes from the field and is worth every penny. I have no less than three retracts to repair!

Huge thanks go to the RC Propbusters for giving over the site for four solid days!!! We’re thankful and glad to add to the treasury. And a huge thanks to anyone who lent a hand along the way and always those who tow so we can go!

Next up is Muncy, PA in May. See you at Sky High Acres!

Steve

Comment

Just getting back. It was great to see everyone once again and tons of fun and learning. Thanks Steve for putting on the show and to all tow pilots getting us up in the air, and the all the food folks. Was great to slop soar off the far away ridge a bit, when the wind was right the one day early on. Looking forward to Muncie next month, will be my first time.

Matt

Comment

Great event Steve and Len. Enjoyed towing and soaring, great lift, Also had fun helping Michael set up and fly his 20. Best fisrt landing I have seen. Looking forward to Muncy!
                      Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Many thanks to Steve and Len for making this event happen with the RC Propbusters....a really great group of people who continue to be very supportive of aerotowing !

Today was a blast...many thanks to all the tow pilots......you make it possible for us to get in the air.

Looking forward to flying with everyone again soon.

Comment

Another fantastic event. From the wild winds of Friday to the absolutely perfect weather on Saturday, wow! Had to leave Saturday to get to NYC for a show, wish I could have stayed the whole day. Had about 20 flights all together with my Pilatus B4 and other stuff I brought. Unfortunetely one airplane came home in some pretty knarly pieces, much smaller than I came to the field with. Sucks to crash, even more so at big events. Always thankful that no other aircraft were impacted and nobody got hurt. This was what was left of a custom built Telemaster that has many years of towing, tugging, and candy drops. Appreciate the help from the crash recovery crew who spent 15 minutes or more tracking down parts and the battery. Thanks to the tug pilots as well, always a pleasure learning from them. Looking forward to Goshen!

Comment

I know there were some top notch photogs there on Saturday, if any of them got pics of the crash of the telemaster I would appreciate some pics. It seemed to take forever to get down to its eventual dirt nap so perhaps they had a chance to document its demise.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X