This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scale Soaring International Aerotow June 23-27, 2021 Winamac IN

Click image for larger version  Name:	Winamac.JPG Views:	0 Size:	180.7 KB ID:	44004

This year's Scale Soaring Aerotow is being held at Braun Field in Winamac IN, June 23-27. This field features a paved runway as well as a grass landing area. Plenty of room for large models and overnight storage in a secure hanger is available.

Break out of your quarantine and come join us for some long overdue soaring,. Winamac is known for having excellent thermal activity due to the surrounding area. We'll be flying early and staying late, so bring your planes, sunscreen and comfortable shoes.

Due to Covid 19 risk, food will not be served at the event, there will be gas grills available for use, however please plan on being self sufficient.
    Camping is allowed at the field as well, no hook-ups.

Fee is $60 for the entire 5 day event or $20 a day. Proceeds will go to help the club maintain the airfield.

REGISTER HERE NOW......

Last edited by lenb; 03-12-2021, 12:53 AM.
    Len Buffinton
    Team Horizon Hobby

This is one of the nicest fields I have ever flown at. Even Kevin Kavaney can land here without running out of room !!!!

Comment

• Steve P
      Steve P commented
      Editing a comment
      Hold my beer

Hi folks,

just be sure that you have pencil down our dates in your calendar! Season is starting time to get the gear ready!

here is couple options for lodging on top of Camping at the field

Winamac,IN (15mn)
    Tortuga Inn

Rochester,IN (25mn)
    Super 8 by Wyndham
    Quality Inn

Logansport,IN (40mn)
    Holiday Inn Express & Suites
    Super 8 by Wyndham
    Quality Inn

Monticello,IN (38mn)
    Best Western Plus Brandywine Inn & Suites
    Monticello Inn

Rensselaer,IN (45mn)
    Comfort Suites
    Quality Inn

Plymouth,IN (45mn)
    Holiday Inn Express & Suites
    Days Inn by Wyndham
    Super 8 by Wyndham
    Comfort Suites

Stéphane & Len

Stéphane
    Horizon Hobby Team Member

Comment

I will be attending the winamac scale soaring event. I’m bringing my Baudis Diana 2. It will be my first flight so I’m likely to need some advice and assistance
      Steve Gibson
      Houston TX

Comment

• French1
        French1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hoot, I will be there with mine and will be more than happy helping you with your maiden

French1,
      thanks for your offer to help !
      Steve (Hoot) Gibson

Comment

les powell and myself will arrive thursday around noon.. glad to lend a hand in any way we can and we will be staying there in a camper through sat............

Comment

C’ya there! Tried to register with ‘pay at event’... no joy...

Comment

• JimD
          JimD commented
          Editing a comment
          Glitch should be fixed, sorry for the inconvenience.

• ARUP
          ARUP commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, Jim!

The Model Box Shameless Commercial

If you need anything brought to the Aerotow, please call me at the shop 205 978 8787!

Jeremy

SCC AAA TT TN

Comment

• Hoot
          Hoot commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you have two 5000 mah lipo batteries 7.4 volts or two 5000 mah li-ion 7.4 volt with the yellow 60 size plug for sale? If so I will buy them. It would be great if you could charge them for me. The battery packs I ordered aren’t coming up to full charge.I will be in Winamac on Thursday morning. I drove up from Texas to do the maiden flight of my Baudis Diana 2
          Thanks,
          Steve Gibson. 713-294-1816

Current List of Registration Forms Received:

Len B
        Jim D
        Charles F
        Bert G
        Caroline G
        Peter G
        Jeremy H
        Paul H
        Kevin K
        Michael K
        Chris L
        Bill L
        Joe L
        Larry M
        Tom McL
        Tim M
        Bob N
        Gary N
        Les P
        Marek R
        Stephane R
        Dan R
        Rick S
        Gene T

*** Click Here to Register ***
        Last edited by JimD; 06-21-2021, 05:48 PM. Reason: Updated List
        A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

I drove up from Houston Texas to the Winamac event but didn't fly my new Baudis Diana II. I was busy the month before the event and didn't have my plane ready so I decided to redo the radio installation and also tidy up the lead in the nose to make a cleaner install once I got back to Houston. I'm looking forward to future Scale Sailplane events and have to say that everyone I met at Winamac were friendly and extremely helpful with advice !
          Steve Gibson
          Houston, TX

Comment

steve the weather is always teasing us but there were some great hours to be had i even missed out on a super saturday afternoon myself.. see you and your new plane again some place soon.. cumberland is always a worthy trip rain or shine it is the most relaxing spot to visit and chat with the flyers

Comment

Got to Winamac late Monday evening after a 9-1/2 hour drive from my house. Had to be home today, so I departed yesterday morning early. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday were a tow fest for both of my planes. Did many, many tows and burned around 5 gallons of fuel. Absolutely great time...totally enjoyed meeting and talking to a number of pilots that I had not met before. The AeroTalk was every bit as good as the AeroTow, and the intervals of rain gave us a chance to avoid getting totally sunburned.

Cmelak is now entering its third year of service and the Bidule 170 its sixth years of service. Both are great flying tow planes and it was a real joy to get to fly them both a lot!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Winamac (2).jpg
Views:	295
Size:	192.3 KB
ID:	45024
              A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Thanks Jim for all the towing you did for us...appreciated every minute of it...
                nice to see folks after two years...
                kevin

Comment

20+ hours of footage condensed into 6 min. I think it moves along nicely and tells the story of the event. Enjoy! Bert G.

https://vimeo.com/573820938

Last edited by Steve P; 07-12-2021, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Nice job Bert!

Comment

Working...
                    X