X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve P
    commented on 's reply
    Yes. You are missing the point that it was always the Horizon/International link and for one year (2021) the event was held at the Winamac site. The link now points properly to the 2022 Horizon event.

The 2022 Winamac event held by that group will have its own link.

Again, this is a 2021 thread so all of this is moot. I will close the thread.

• horsefeetky
    replied
    steve my point was missed im trying to say in the first post of this thread for the winnamac aero tow if you click on the regitry link it goes to the monticello il aero tow........

Leave a comment:

• Steve P
    replied
    Originally posted by horsefeetky View Post
    i think the link to register takes you to the horizon aero tow page
    Old thread. This was the replacement in 2021 for the Horizon Event. The event is now back at Eli Field under Horizon for 2022:

Leave a comment:

• horsefeetky
    replied
    i think the link to register takes you to the horizon aero tow page

Leave a comment:

• Soaranator
    replied
    Nice job Bert!

Leave a comment:

• bgarrison
    replied
    20+ hours of footage condensed into 6 min. I think it moves along nicely and tells the story of the event. Enjoy! Bert G.

https://vimeo.com/573820938

Last edited by Steve P; 07-12-2021, 11:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• kjkavaney
    replied
    Thanks Jim for all the towing you did for us...appreciated every minute of it...
    nice to see folks after two years...
    kevin

Leave a comment:

• JimD
    replied
    Got to Winamac late Monday evening after a 9-1/2 hour drive from my house. Had to be home today, so I departed yesterday morning early. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday were a tow fest for both of my planes. Did many, many tows and burned around 5 gallons of fuel. Absolutely great time...totally enjoyed meeting and talking to a number of pilots that I had not met before. The AeroTalk was every bit as good as the AeroTow, and the intervals of rain gave us a chance to avoid getting totally sunburned.

Cmelak is now entering its third year of service and the Bidule 170 its sixth years of service. Both are great flying tow planes and it was a real joy to get to fly them both a lot!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Winamac (2).jpg
Views:	306
Size:	192.3 KB
ID:	45024

Leave a comment:

• horsefeetky
    replied
    steve the weather is always teasing us but there were some great hours to be had i even missed out on a super saturday afternoon myself.. see you and your new plane again some place soon.. cumberland is always a worthy trip rain or shine it is the most relaxing spot to visit and chat with the flyers

Leave a comment:

• Hoot
    replied
    I drove up from Houston Texas to the Winamac event but didn't fly my new Baudis Diana II. I was busy the month before the event and didn't have my plane ready so I decided to redo the radio installation and also tidy up the lead in the nose to make a cleaner install once I got back to Houston. I'm looking forward to future Scale Sailplane events and have to say that everyone I met at Winamac were friendly and extremely helpful with advice !
    Steve Gibson
    Houston, TX

Leave a comment:

• Hoot
    commented on 's reply
    Do you have two 5000 mah lipo batteries 7.4 volts or two 5000 mah li-ion 7.4 volt with the yellow 60 size plug for sale? If so I will buy them. It would be great if you could charge them for me. The battery packs I ordered aren’t coming up to full charge.I will be in Winamac on Thursday morning. I drove up from Texas to do the maiden flight of my Baudis Diana 2
    Thanks,
    Steve Gibson. 713-294-1816

• ARUP
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, Jim!

• JimD
    commented on 's reply
    Glitch should be fixed, sorry for the inconvenience.

• JimD
    replied
    Current List of Registration Forms Received:

Len B
    Jim D
    Charles F
    Bert G
    Caroline G
    Peter G
    Jeremy H
    Paul H
    Kevin K
    Michael K
    Chris L
    Bill L
    Joe L
    Larry M
    Tom McL
    Tim M
    Bob N
    Gary N
    Les P
    Marek R
    Stephane R
    Dan R
    Rick S
    Gene T

*** Click Here to Register ***
    Last edited by JimD; 06-21-2021, 04:48 PM. Reason: Updated List

Leave a comment:

• Swiss1
    replied
    The Model Box Shameless Commercial

If you need anything brought to the Aerotow, please call me at the shop 205 978 8787!

Jeremy

SCC AAA TT TN

Leave a comment:

Working...
X