The Sky High Aero Tow 2019 -- September 12-15, 2019 -- Muncy Hills, PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you!

First, there are a number of photographs on both our Facebook page and on our Facebook photo sharing page. Jeff was also on site shooting a ton of excellent photographs as he is oft to do. Stay tuned for those. Everyone who was there please do post some photos here and over on Facebook.

We flew all four days. Five minutes of rain on Thursday. 15 minutes of rain on Saturday. Flying all the rest. The Saturday landing contest made the most of a low ceiling -- the tow pilots worked hard! Sunday was one of those spectacular days that only come around once in a rare while. Clearly a picnic table could have been thermaled out of sight in that lift. It’s another reason why we love this site, when it’s good it’s spectacular.

Now, on to a long list of thank you‘s… to....

Mark for once again hosting us on his beautiful farm on top of a beautiful mountain with a beautiful view and a beautiful little airplane airport right smack dab in the middle. We hope our donation to the field fund keeps the mower blades sharp. Why? Because we will be back next year!

Len for being a incredible partner in crime. Love ya, buddy!

Conio for handling all of the registration, lunch moola and high finance of the event.

Wendy and Louisa — thank you so much for organizing meals and feeding us!

Michelle and Sarah for the delicious brownies!

Jim for having another birthday so we all had an excuse to eat cake!

I was very happy to tow so many sailplanes into the sky, while a deep note of thanks goes to Jim, Steve K, Len, Gunny, and a little bit of Kevin and Tom for keeping ‘em flying! You guys are essential to a successful event.

And, especially to everyone who made the trip to this year‘s event, who flew with us, laughed with us, and was reminded why we love this hobby! We hope you’ll join us again next year.

It was a great team effort. We were able to pay for everything related to the event and still contribute $650 to the Sky High field fund and $100 to scalesoaring.com website maintenance.

A few folks asked how they can help out next year to make sure the event continues? The best way anyone can help this event — and our hobby — is to bring along a friend. To teach a kid how to fly. To convince folks and other corners of the RC soaring hobby to come on over and try scale. To get a power flying pal to try towing sailplanes. Let’s keep growing!

Again my deepest and most sincere thanks to everyone. Now it’s on to Black Dirt in Goshen, NY. Hope to see the faithful and some converts there in early October.

All good wishes,
    Steve

Click image for larger version  Name:	598430D0-4498-4F4D-9946-DE3315BE3476.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	65.8 KB ID:	38337
    Attached Files
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

What a great place! Mark is a fantastic guy for letting us use his field and barn. Thanks to the scale soaring crew again for putting this event on again. I had a blast towing with the Cessna 185 into the LOW ceiling level on Saturday. It was a little nerve rattling in the beginning watching the tow plane disappear and yell out "cloud" and pray that the glider pilot released. Wait one second, jam aileron stick full over and half second later pull up elevator to hopefully be inverted and punch through the cloud base. Land and repeat.... Lol what a rush!

lol at one point I heard Kevin yell out "turn on the landing lights" he he, they really showed up well up against the dark cloud base.
      Last edited by gunny11; 09-16-2019, 02:25 PM.
      Gunny
      Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

• ARUP
        ARUP commented
        Editing a comment
        +1 Awesome field! Thanks much, Mark! I knew the weather would be perfect... the day I drove home!

Well Steve said everything I wanted to say so I will not repeat it here. I enjoyed the whole time. I could not believe how smooth the air was under those clouds.

Happy to be able to help out. Can’t tow, can’t run an Aerotow, but really want to give back to the the hobby.

Steve: I have the rainbow windsock. I’ll bring it to Black Dirt or I can drop it off Wednesday.

Comment

• lenb
        lenb commented
        Editing a comment
        And Steve, I have your tow line in my trailer, luckily it will not take up too much room and I'll bring it to Black Dirt.

• Steve P
        Steve P commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, guys! One of these days I’m going to leave my entire trailer and just have you guys bring it to the next event. Beats doing it piecemeal.

• Mosquito
        Mosquito commented
        Editing a comment
        Although the one picture posted is drop dead gorgeous, where are the other photos? Next year...........next year.

Jeff Duhaime was shooting photos throughout. Stay tuned.

I only shot a few on my phone... Gunny's Cessna did duty across the first three days. This plane looks so right in the air and on the ground...

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	85.6 KB ID:	38402

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	100.1 KB ID:	38403
      Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Erich's Spalinger has come into David's collection and got its re-maiden on Sunday morning...

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	177.3 KB ID:	38405

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	38407

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	30.3 KB ID:	38406

Comment

Some ups and downs...

H Model Arcus on landing....

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	169.0 KB ID:	38409

Baudis Diana heading up...

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	227.6 KB ID:	38410

Three biological guides welcoming their large white friend....

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	11.8 KB ID:	38411

Call the ball...

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	148.9 KB ID:	38412

Comment

Thanks to Steve, Len and Mark for making this happen again. This is one of my favorite events and is circled on the calendar every year. Even with less than ideal weather Saturday, I was exhausted from how much we flew! And the next day the lift was so good, I lost sight of the Shark! Thanks to Gunny for letting me do some flying with the 185 again. Spectacular weekend, spectacular people, spectacular place! Looking forward to next year!
            Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Paul Naton’s photo Album from Sky High...

A few of my photos from the 2019 Sky High aero tow event, Muncy, PA Spent so much time flying that I didn't get to shoot to many shots! Great event as always.

Comment

Working...
              X