• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blanik Redux

Here is a teaser......

Redux Most Deluxe! More pics?

Comment

This is the Blank that I was rebuilding and posted pictures of on the old forum. I was going to do a Czech scheme, that had Japanese "Meatballs" and rising sun flag on the rudder. Then I saw a photo of an old Bulgarian aircraft, LZ-104. This is my "impression" of that aircraft.

Comment

Here is the front view.

Comment

A close up of the nose. The panel lines were created by applying several layers of masking tape then applying a little "bondo" on the edge. When dry sand the bondo down to the level of the top of the masking tape then remove the masking tape. The Blank logo is vinyl and the striping is all painted. The rivets are done with various colors of Sharpie pens.

Last edited by Xroadie; 05-23-2015, 03:56 AM.

Comment

I went with the full cockpit kit for the Blanik from I-Flytallies. Minus one pilot and with the addition of the vent widows.

Comment

Nice job Pete, when do we get to see it?

Jeremy and Ben
              SCC AAA TT

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss1 View Post
                Nice job Pete, when do we get to see it?

Jeremy and Ben
                SCC AAA TT
                Thanks Jeremy....you will most likely see it in Monticello!

Comment

On the wings to simulate the different colors of the aluminum panels I used a contrasting silver sign vinyl, to do that on the fuselage I used a few different shades of silver spray paint.The panels lines on the wings were done with fine line Sharpie pens. The striping on the wing is done with strips of Ultracoat that I cut and ironed on.

Comment

Looks fantastic!! It is an outstanding example of scale modeling and how the mind fills in the picture. The top example of scale impression! Really well done and a fun flying airplane to boot. That is one aspect of scale soaring that I find so exciting, we are able to have great scale detail in an airframe with exceptional performance. The best of both worlds! Super job!

Scot

Comment

Ooooh, that is sweeeet looooking!
                      Beautiful job.
                      Gunny
                      Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

Outstanding. Really Nice!

Comment

Geez Pete,

I thought it was the real thing.
                          Superior effort!!!

Congrats and REALLY looking forward to seeing this one in IL.

LEN
                          Len Buffinton
                          Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Just beautiful. Hope you don't mind that I shared the photos on our Facebook page. Getting lots of likes. A classic! The new Blanik just does not hold a candle. Seems like a mutt to me...
                            Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

I hope they re-designed the wing spar on the full scale!

Jeremy and Ben
                              SCC AAA TT

Comment

Working...
                              X