Grob 103

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grob 103

My first large scale RC glider. Picked up the kit here, the documentation plane is the one I’m taking my flight lessons in.

Looking forward to seeing it!
    Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Thanks.
      Any tips on scale cockpit and canopy frames appreciated.
      I’m in NW CT, hoping to find others around.

Comment

How do you figure out what size air brakes to get? I can’t seem to find dimensioned drawings

Comment

Old Multiplex spoiler box had some information. Unless you want to build them, you are stuck with stock sizes, e.g. 300mm, 370mm, etc. Click image for larger version

Name:	Spoilers (1).jpg
Views:	306
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	47080

Comment

Your every where. Thanks

Comment

Where are people getting on board batteries/ power system stuff? I have a Futaba 12Z on 2.4 I would like continue to use.
              And then I watched the scale triangle racing videos, and wondered if I could do some of that too.

Comment

Originally posted by N4088K View Post
                Where are people getting on board batteries/ power system stuff? I have a Futaba 12Z on 2.4 I would like continue to use.
                And then I watched the scale triangle racing videos, and wondered if I could do some of that too.
                Are you asking about radio link, power distribution, telemetry? You'll get a lot of different answers. Your 12Z should work great for the Grob. If you want to get into GPS triangles, all of that equipment is separate from the radio.
                Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Yes that too.
                  I haven’t installed a radio in years, and my first time this big, so I’m thinking along the lines of the power 3D guys and lipo receiver packs with some type of distribution board. Servos are much better and higher voltage then I’m used to, and with all the telemetry goodies, I’m guessing some of it should work together.

Comment

Making progress, main gear mounts fabricated, rudder fit, wing mounting roughed in. Ready to start lining things up for final assembly and get some servos and stuff ordered.

Comment

Horizontal and elevator ready for fitting, West System is great stuff, I sort of would like it to cure faster….. but it does make me take my time. Been a long time since I built a model, forgot how much fun it is.

Comment

Needed rudder hinges, bit of scrap delrin and little more clean up

Comment

And a block of delrin becomes a hinge. Now I need an elevator linkage, then fit the tail post.

Comment

Making progress, hinging the ailerons and thinking about covering. Does a tutorial exist on using the sign vinyl for covering?

Comment

Won’t let me post anymore pictures, all the pieces fit together, covering, push rods and other stuff to finish

Comment

Working...
                              X