Baudis Antares versus the H Model Arcus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baudis Antares versus the H Model Arcus

I'm thinking about ordering a second large scale sailplane and I am considering a Baudis Antares or possibly an H Model Arcus.

I have the Baudis Diana 2 and should have it ready to fly in a week or two. The fit and finish on the Diana looks to be close to perfect to me.

I've read RTJW's Arcus build thread on RC Groups and read where he installed wipers on the Arcus. Does the current 6.6 H model Arcus have wipers already installed or is it still an install them yourself situation?
    How about the fit and finish on the Arcus?
    How do the two planes compare in flight characteristics? Is the Arcus anymore difficult to fly than an Antares?
    I really like the looks of the Arcus !

Thanks for any feedback !

The Arcus is as good as it get fit and finish wise. You have to apply the gap seal on the bottom of the wings when you finish all the servo installation. Thats pretty typical with all the H model aircraft. As for flying the plane, it flies like a dream. Not any more difficult than the Antares, just a bit more solid feeling because of the weight difference. The Arcus will come in around 35lbs, give or take a pound.
    The Antares is a great flying plane and maybe a bit better in performance, probably due to weight and over all size. The Antares fit and finish is good, but not H-model league. In the end it comes down to what you want. The Arcus is a large plane. The fuse is long and its impressive to fly. The Antares is like a small sports car compared to a Mercedes Sadan.

Either way, great airplanes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_16007.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	40157

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_16008.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	220.3 KB
ID:	40158
    Len Buffinton
    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• Steve P
      Steve P commented
      Editing a comment
      Photo #1 settles a lot of questions.

Len,
    Thanks for the feedback on the two planes. The Arcus fuse is 9.5 feet long versus the 8 foot Antares fuse. I’m almost certain the Arcus fuse won’t fit in my Mazda CX 5 SUV.

Comment

• Sinkhappens86
      Sinkhappens86 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not with that attitude!

• BryanB
      BryanB commented
      Editing a comment
      I know right! Get the model you want and buy a new car, van, trailer, etc.!

Bryan
    Rent some space in your trailer to me !
    steve G
    Last edited by Hoot; 03-06-2020, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoot View Post
      Bryan
      Rent some space in your trailer to me !
      steve G
      Wish I could but it's pretty full now. I may have to rework my shelving to see if I can cram some more models into it as it is...

Comment

Len,
        I read your review of the Quintus. How does the Quintus compare to the Arcus for general sport flying?
        Thanks,

Comment

Working...
        X