Paritech 8.88m DG-1000 first flight and OOPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paritech 8.88m DG-1000 first flight and OOPS

A friend of ours in Dubai send this to me, he's having an issue posting so I'll do it for him.
    Nice job staying one task....despite the distraction

"Hi Len,

Tried joining scale soaring to upload my video and was unable to sign up.

Video shows first flight with the rear canopy unlatched. Oops. My first reaction was to close the throttle, no that opens the spoilers hence the pitch up on take off. When I closed them the model pitched down, need some up trim.
    Apart from that the model flew flawlessly. Bit hot here at the moment so will fly again in the cooler months.

If you think the video is worthy of publication on your web site please do so.

Kind regards,

Paul Thomas
    Dubai UAE"

Len Buffinton
    Team Horizon Hobby

I really hope you had a wing tip wheel installed ..... ouch
    Len Buffinton
    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

I was waiting for something really bad to happen. An uneventful flight, all things considered.
      Tom

Comment

Yes, Im surprised the canopy didn't snap shut at some point during the flight. I guess Paul fly's perfectly coordinated turns, not skidding at all.
        Len Buffinton
        Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Pretty sweet! Love seeing more and more >33% scale stuff flying in 2019

Comment

Hi Len and Fellow glider enthusiasts,

Thought I would post a follow up video of a recent days soaring with the same model with no OOPS........ 😎😎

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alFiKS3fCzc

Hope you enjoy,

Paul.
            Last edited by Steve P; 01-27-2020, 08:53 PM. Reason: used the video icon in the tool bar to display the video

Comment

Very Nice Paul. I like the way the camera rotates around the cockpit, very cool.

len
              Len Buffinton
              Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Yes, and it looks and flies just like full scale, wow! Good job on the smooth flying. Would love to see a little speed/acrobatics too! WELL DONE!

Comment

Originally posted by Rjtw View Post
                  Yes, and it looks and flies just like full scale, wow! Good job on the smooth flying. Would love to see a little speed/acrobatics too! WELL DONE!

Since you asked

Len Buffinton
                  Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• BryanB
                    BryanB commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good stuff Len. I liked the movement of the rear pilots arm but the front seat guy needs to tighten his seatbelt! LOL! Did you notice the gear door coming open at 2:42?
                    Last edited by BryanB; 01-29-2020, 01:35 PM.

• horsefeetky
                    horsefeetky commented
                    Editing a comment
                    the pilot wave at 2:15 was great

• hello82
                    hello82 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    awesome ...fun to watch ...yeah those pilots are getting lifted nicely lol

Made my day, Len!!

Comment

Well, then I wouldn't be much of a friend if I didn't post this one too.

Thanks to our buddy Paul Naton at Radio Carbon Art. http://www.radiocarbonart.com

Len Buffinton
                    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• BryanB
                      BryanB commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I wonder what the airspeed actually was when the cockpit started shaking.....
                      Last edited by BryanB; 01-30-2020, 07:52 PM.

Awesome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Thomas View Post
                      Hi Len and Fellow glider enthusiasts,

Thought I would post a follow up video of a recent days soaring with the same model with no OOPS........ 😎😎

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alFiKS3fCzc

Hope you enjoy,

Paul.
                      Great video and even better inside cockpit view(s). Good job! It appears to be a downlink (FPV)? Or are you just swiveling the CAM - kinda knowing where it would be aiming? Would like to hear more about it if you don't mind. That looks like Al Lisaili...

Comment

Hello Parallax and friends,

sorry for a late reply, I am on holidays in Brisbane working on my real Auster J5G. A much later version of the Taylorcraft. I will include some photos.

The video was done using a Insta 360 one X. You set the camera in the model and the panning is all done in the editing. Even a dummy can make good videos.
                        As for speed runs or aerobatics I haven’t really explored the aerobatics however speed flybys with this one is a bit of a non event. I believe the model is one of the first few made by Paritech, it has a very high lift airfoil with an under camber for most of the wing. No flaps just the high under amber. I have flown a high speed pass and I will add the GPS data of that. Flat out it only attained 100 kts ( maybe I wasn’t trying hard enough ) and when the nose was lifted it slowed down very quickly. Not like my Paritech ASG29 6 meter, its a real speedster.
                        Yes your right it is Al Lisaili.

Wish you all strong thermals,

Paul.

Comment

Paul Thomas flies his ASG 29 glider at Skyhub Dubai.

Paritech ASG29 speedster. ( shitty landing 😩😩

Comment

Working...
                          X