Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosquito
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20181223_180114.jpg Views:	1 Size:	22.2 KB ID:	32424Click image for larger version  Name:	20181223_175253.jpg Views:	1 Size:	111.2 KB ID:	32422Click image for larger version  Name:	20181223_180056.jpg Views:	1 Size:	23.5 KB ID:	32423

I sewed up an elevator bag in about 20 minutes for my ASH 31, using my trusty Singer 15-91. It's a gear driven machine made in the 40's that I bought at a garage sale for $25. It will sew though 2 pieces of thick fabric and velcro all at the same time. I buy the material at Joanne Fabrics. I got this idea almost entirely from Kevin K including which sewing machine to use. Good thing I paid attention in high school during Home Economics class! The velcro can be bought at Walmart in various widths. I will finish the wing bags tomorrow. I will probably just sew up something for the vertical tail and go with a canopy cover which I will make oversize to accommodate the propellor.

I know that many make their own wing bags so this is not new for most, but an option for those that will be discarding the silver bags that came with the glider.

Tim

Leave a comment:

• Tom McP
    replied
    If there's a group buy of REVOC bags through Jeremy, I'm in....

Leave a comment:

• BryanB
    commented on 's reply
    I asked her if she was interested. She said he wants to make a set first and see how it goes.

• Steve P
    replied
    Sounds like the factory substituted cheaper duct insulation that is a messy fail for the more typical and useful Mylar-faced product. What a shame.

REVOC is the best product out there. Folks not familiar with them will be extremely impressed.

Leave a comment:

• Soaranator
    commented on 's reply
    Ask her is she wants to make some extra bags for money...

• BryanB
    replied
    I'd join you but my wife is a quilter and has been itching to sew me some wing bags. She wanted to do some for the ASW20 but I built that box for it so they weren't needed. Think I'll let her participate and make a set for the ASH31.

Leave a comment:

• Tom
    replied
    Originally posted by JimD View Post
    After my initial excitement about the shipping wing/fuselage/stab protector bags, I agree with Tom that they would need to be lined with something soft to avoid scratching the finish...so...What about getting a group order together and have Revoc make custom wing bags for the ASH-31. Jeremy (aka The Model Box) is a dealer, so maybe he can work something out for us.

I am in, anyone else interested???
    Yes.....don’t really feel like breaking out the old sewing machine.

Leave a comment:

• JimD
    commented on 's reply
    Looks like you may need the Binford 580 Turbo Grinder with the #20 grit carbide disk...should come right off!!!

• JimD
    commented on 's reply
    That's two!!!!

• Soaranator
    replied
    Originally posted by JimD View Post
    After my initial excitement about the shipping wing/fuselage/stab protector bags, I agree with Tom that they would need to be lined with something soft to avoid scratching the finish...so...What about getting a group order together and have Revoc make custom wing bags for the ASH-31. Jeremy (aka The Model Box) is a dealer, so maybe he can work something out for us.

Not only to keep from scratching, but also to keep our hands clean. Sounds like a plan...
    Bill L.

Leave a comment:

• Soaranator
    commented on 's reply
    Ali told me that the first 20 or so had them painted on.

• JimD
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Stew2
    replied
    Just scrape the decal off with a razorblade.... or a wire brush. Actually, the edge of an old credit card will work well for starting a corner.

Leave a comment:

• Sinkhappens86
    commented on 's reply
    That's strange, mine is already applied. Good to know its a decal though! Should be able to remove it.

• JimD
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2804.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	32371

Leave a comment:

Working...
X