X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gene, as usual---very beautiful job!!

Larry Fitch

Comment

• The finishing touch to Otto's wardrobe is now complete. He is now ready for some fun in the sun soaring.

Comment

• ARUP
        ARUP commented
        Editing a comment
        Good thing for the hat or poor Otto would be getting the chrome burned off his dome! Nice job!

• Maiden and trim flights were completed at the Visalia Spring Aerotow this past weekend. The good news is my heart meds still work and thanks to help an attention of other pilots attending the Ka-3 came home in one piece.
      Flight videos

Comment

• Whoa! You weren't kidding when you told me it was pretty squirrely! Hopefully Otto had a change of clothes after those flights :-) Looks like flight three it was settling down. We'll get it fine tuned at Yakima.

Dave Smith

Comment

• ARUP
          ARUP commented
          Editing a comment
          That was fun to watch and I really had a good laugh when Otto's hat fell off! It would be extremely entertaining if Otto's feet were connected to rudder pedals so we could see him 'dancing'!

• ARUP, I'm looking forward to a lot less excitement at the Yakima Aerotow next weekend, now that all the elevator trimming is completed. An angle block for the camera mount was made to provide an upper view of the front wind screen. Should be close to what the pilot will see, just need to add a yaw string yet.

Comment

• Now that the Ka-3 is finally trimmed out it almost flies it's self. Here are a few photos from the event this past weekend.

Comment

• ARUP
            ARUP commented
            Editing a comment
            Cool pictures! Thanks for posting!

• gunny11
            gunny11 commented
            Editing a comment
            Love the cockpit shots... Looks very scale. Great job Gene!

• lenb
            lenb commented
            Editing a comment
            So happy with there success of the model after such a fabulous build.
            Congratulations again

• Ivan Somvi was kind enough to send me this photo of my 40% Ka-3 on tow.

Comment

• ARUP
            ARUP commented
            Editing a comment
            Photos like that are the reason I love vintage ragwings! Look at it glow!

• Gene C
            Gene C commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm hoping for a few more photos of it in flight from the next aerotow later this month. Will post.

• Spent time flying ridge with the Ka-3 at the Agassiz aerotow this past weekend. Wind that blows into the bowl provides excellent ridge soaring conditions.

https://youtu.be/PNji2i8Hfu0 (Ka-3 Agassiz ridge flight)

Last edited by Steve P; 07-31-2019, 05:39 PM. Reason: Put video in viewer form

Comment

• Awesome, Gene!

Comment

• The more times there is air under the wings of the Ka-3 the more comfortable it feels. At present it is at 9 flights with two aerotow events left this year.
              Here is the flight video from the PASS event held last weekend. Enjoy!

Comment

• Nice video....
                Gunny
                Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

• What happened I didn't see the pilot pull the release? Nice vid.

Comment

• ARUP
                    ARUP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That 'nervous' pilot's stick hand makes me laugh out loud every time! Great job and awesome sailplane!

• I've been gone for awhile and I'm back. It was great to see the finish to this plane and all the flights. Most inspiring! Great job!

Comment

Working...
                  X