2022 east of the rockies GPS cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 east of the rockies GPS cup

2022 Spring Cumberland GPS cup is up at the below address.

Beware, the task has been changed and there is scale/sport/light task, pick what you want to fly

https://www.en.gps-triangle-league.n...=22&fld_id=246

task are here :

https://www.en.gps-triangle-league.n...id=246&site=90

Stéphane
    Stéphane
    Horizon Hobby Team Member

If you're having trouble getting the task file into Albatross, hopefully this video will help!

Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

if you are running a T3000, you will need to shorten the name of the task, I tested it this evening and they are too long for the T3000, shorten Cumberland25Scale to Cum25Scale and it will work.

Stéphane

Comment

Is there a manual or some place to learn this a little more in depth?

Comment

Rick Shelby
          Team Horizon

Comment

Thank you Stephane and Kevin. BTW I transcribed Kevins' instructions printed it out and taped it in my printed out Albatross manual.
            Download Task to Albatross on Android Phone - Watching the video helps understand Android opereation.
            1. Open Files app
            2. Select Internal Storage
            3. Select file you want to move and tap 3 dots
            4. Select Move To option
            5. Internal Storage – Albatross – Tasks – Move here
            6. Fly

Comment

hey guys...all packed and ready to hit road in am from Boston...long haul. I tried downloading via Kevins video thank you, took a few tries, and first it said to large to down load, but kept trying and I think it went through now. I had last years Cumberland in there, (which Stephane loaded for me). and it was called CumberlandS...is this one also called CumberlandS? There is only one in my tasks and I can't tell if its the new or old one? How can I tell ?

thanks
              Matt

Comment

Originally posted by hello82 View Post
                hey guys...all packed and ready to hit road in am from Boston...long haul. I tried downloading via Kevins video thank you, took a few tries, and first it said to large to down load, but kept trying and I think it went through now. I had last years Cumberland in there, (which Stephane loaded for me). and it was called CumberlandS...is this one also called CumberlandS? There is only one in my tasks and I can't tell if its the new or old one? How can I tell ?

thanks
                Matt
                Matt,
                this is not the right task for this year, read again the first post
                Scale task is link below

Stéphane

Comment

thanks Stephane....I see the new one in internal storage >albatross > tasks. but when I open open Albatross app itself, and go to tasks >edit, all I see is the Freeflight and CumberlandS? see attached photos. thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7414.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	47155 tros

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7415.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	47154

Comment

Hey Matt, the issue is for some reason the task file is downloading as a .txt file instead of a .rct file. If you press the 3 dots next to the file, tap rename, then delete the .txt it should work correctly. It should look like this when you're done.

Last edited by Sinkhappens86; 03-14-2022, 10:24 PM.
                    Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

• Csessa
                      Csessa commented
                      Editing a comment
                      This is what happened to me. After cursing for a bit I finally realized the issue and edited the file names. Weird how this happens only on some devices. Anyway, What Kevin said works fine. No harm.

thanks Kevin....tried that now, but it says file already in tasks....so deleted all similar, started over and re downloaded, renamed, and still getting message that file is already in tasks? nutty

Comment

rebooted 3 times and now it has shown up in the app, thanks all! see you at the hill. Matt

Comment

The task angle is rotated from 9 to 25. That should give us a little more afternoon time without out the last turn being right in the sun. Turn should be lined up with the sun on the course line at 2:33, but we stand off the course line so things should be OK for a little longer than that. At least the best thermal times of the day are better than the old course.

Comment

I replaced the battery in my GPS phone. Hopefully it runs for 4 hours now without a recharge.

Comment

Yeah new course much much better and more fun!! Did replacing battery help phone life?

Matt

Comment

• mlachow
                              mlachow commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Yes, it was better. I use my old S8 phone. The old battery was made in 2017 and used a few years until I replaced it. When new, it was supposed to be 3000mah. The "replacement" battery claims 4500mah but I think it really is only giving me something a little more than 3000mah. according to accubattery. With the phone in airplane mode, wifi off, bluetooth off, my current settings are burning about 110-120mah every 10 minutes. So I can run for 2 hours without recharging. I do have a qi charger built into my phone holder so I can plug that into a battery between flights to get some charge back in without beating up the snipe cable which is the weakest link in the system.

The only pain is replacing batteries in phones these days is a pain. To get the level of waterproofing, the backs are glued on so you have to heat up the phone to pry off the back. Mine had a little extra glue where I didn't expect it and I did crack the back case while pulling it off. I have an adjustable heat gun for heating the phone, well actually it's an adjustable PRULDE N2030 heat gun to set the proper temperature for shrinking Oratex.

I need to look at the maps and come up with another course for true slope conditions. The most recent course has turn 1 too far back to keep the plane in slope lift. I think the base line needs to be down near the trees and more to the south then somewhere around 15 degrees. Fun with a GPS light but it could be really cool with a Sport class in heavier wind since sport class is allowed higher wing loadings. The GPS Light max wing loading limits how fast they can go. But in true slope conditions, flights over 20 laps can be done. The best Sport flight recorded last year was 24 rounds.

• hello82
                              hello82 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              thanks Mike. So what needs to be on for GPS racing? My phone is always dead when I leave it in my tx box for a few weeks between flying stints, even on a full charge. I put it on airplane mode but still is dead. When I rebooted it just now it said 4 apps are open using location...not sure which 4 though. Just wondering what is draining the battery. I guess I should just turn it fully off when not in use.
                          Working...
                          X