Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mlachow
    commented on 's reply
    I think going to maybe 332 on the course direction and then moving the center point of the course out to the edge of the nice field or a little more like 41.1506, -76.6788 would be a little more comfortable with the tree line. The original angle was to kind of avoid the one house but you will usually cross over that above 150M if not 200M. And guys were often over the house anyway. Especially if they have constraints on how vertical they can look up. By moving out a little SW, hopefully they can see the model by flying it out the west side of the runway instead of he east side. The treeline is still some concern once you get below 100M but right now you have to walk all the way to the treeline to have one mistakes worth of view at that turn..

• Csessa
    replied
    Apparently you need to be able to fly straight to get around the course. Thanks to Mike for giving my some advice on screen setup and getting the Antares to track. As he said, lots of ones, but lots of fun.

Will someone do a course for the Binghamton event?

Leave a comment:

• mlachow
    commented on 's reply
    A few attempts resulted in 0 laps. You know it's bad air when you hear a 300m when you get to the first turnpoint. There were a lot of ones.

• French1
    commented on 's reply
    that was quite difficult to draw a course that could work on this field with avoiding the house and the power line.
    Some time I find that three laps are as gratifying than 15... but one is a tough one...

• mlachow
    commented on 's reply
    Friday had plenty of wind and plenty of sink to go with the lift. Getting past a lap was a challenge

• mlachow
    commented on 's reply
    Only problem with the course layout is you have to walk to the end of the field to see the final turn on the course. Otherwise the treeline blocks your view.

• mlachow
    commented on 's reply
    Thursday was mostly altitude constrained. Cloud base was often below 400m. My first attempt had a cloud at the second turn.

Most of the afternoon climb rates were below 1m/sec. Finally on the last flight later in the afternoon I managed 5 laps with the Orlik never getting above start altitude. Yes, a old wooden sailplane.... I just have a swift and no probe in the Orlik.

• French1
    commented on 's reply
    Yes you need to register and put credentials in the albatross app under model/cloud

• Csessa
    commented on 's reply
    Frenchy, do I need to do something to register?

• French1
    replied
    And here is the cup for the mikey Sullivan Aerotow in Kansas

Leave a comment:

• French1
    replied
    Here is the CUP for Sky high aerotow, you can recover the task file from the link below

Leave a comment:

• hello82
    replied
    Hey hey Stephane...great flying with you on GPS course again. Thanks a mill for all your help with getting the new systems all up and running. Hey my Diana 2 just arrived today, with motor up front also. Would you mind PMing me a few quick photos of cockpit where you put your 3 batteries to make it all balance well? I forgot to ask you there and take photos.

thanks
    Matt

Leave a comment:

• French1
    replied
    We had some good time and flight in Cumberland last week.

From one registered pilot with a max of 2 laps in Winamac, we moved to 4 registered pilots in Cumberland here are the stats of the flights :

21 Flights
    127 Triangles
    307 km flown

Results are here

Next event will be windy ridge, here is the link to the challenge cup where you can find the task file :

if you have difficulties retrieving the task file let me know

Stéphane

Leave a comment:

• hello82
    commented on 's reply
    thanks a mill, will check all out on site when at Cumberland. Totally In the weeds right up till till then. Hope to see you there, thanks Matt

• mlachow
    commented on 's reply
    You should be able to read the .rct files with any text editor. It is pretty easy to figure out what the numbers mean and edit your own task file in the app. The first four numbers are Lat, Lon, and Elevation, and Task angle.
Working...
X