No announcement yet.

Flying in Salem CT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOn't quit your day job there Mr. Poet!! Have a blast. I'm stuck on a oat ride over the equator..... Much rather be flying. Worked last year. Hope the lift is great!

Comment

• If you Ho, I must go. See ya there!

Merry Christmas!
      Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

• Hey hey

If I run out right now and get that "extra special" gift for the Misses, I might just make it!

Matt
        Last edited by hello82; 12-25-2015, 01:49 AM.

Comment

• Yo Yo wish I could go.....Much to do and unfortunately I'm a no show.........Carbon Cub to finish and family to see........Hope to being flying planes with everyone soon..........hoping everyone will enjoy the Ho Ho Ho Tow

Bob

Comment

• Looks like I should be able to make it.

Jeff

Comment

• Early Ho Ho'ers

Funny new silver tow planes?
              Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

• What a great day! And, December 26?!?!?!

Flew everything I brought as often as I wanted -- Let 6m Ventus 2cx, Sumer Dinoma, EFX Racer and the DH88 Comet. And, everything came home in perfect condition. I even got some towing in on Len's Bidule 170.

The triple mustangs were a highlight! Jeff got some amazing pictures. Stay tuned for those.

A great day. Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Len_C_12_26_15.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	264.3 KB
ID:	5939

Did someone say Mustang? Click image for larger version

Name:	Len_A_12_26_15.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	215.5 KB
ID:	5940
                  Len Buffinton
                  Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• Great shots Len. Had other obligations tonight so will try to get some of mine up tomorrow as well.

Comment

• Congrats on the P51 maiden there Len...she's a beauty!....It was great to see everyone once again after the xmas and squeeze in another day of aero-towing, and some good ol' mustang fever! Thanks and congrats to Dave also for his first tow, in aero towing!

hope there will be some more amazing days to squeeze in this winter!

Matt

Comment

• Glad you made it out Matt,
                        The Ho Ho Tow was a success with pretty good lift for all the glider flying and smooth air for the high speed, low level warbird flying.
                        Steve, Rob, Dave and myself did the towing duties all day long, with club member Dave Pratt stepping in and allowing us to use his Hacker Decathlon to tow when my Bidule canister support decided to fail.
                        Flying the 85cc Decathlon was a lesson in old school aerotowing. Having to fly the plane up to altitude instead of point and pull with the Bidule. It was a lot of fun, thank you David.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2143.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	5952

HO HO HO ......

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2148.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	5951

MUSTANGS AND SAILPLANES !!!!!!

Len Buffinton
                        Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• A very impressive example of safe operations...using a squadron of P-51's to fly cover for the slow moving unarmed sailplanes! 😎
                          A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

• Thanks Len, Rob, Dave and Steve for the tow pilot duties. It was good to get back in the air with the Blanik for some end of season fun. I didn't know it was going to be Mustang Mania however. Holy Cow. Impressive planes and piloting. I threw the camera in the car "in case an opportunity comes up".... 300+ shots later here's what we got.

Explore this photo album by Jeff Duhaime on Flickr!

The formation shots didn't come out as good as I would have liked but put a few in to at least give some feeling of the moment.

I apologize for not getting as many glider shots but wanted to fly a little too (selfish photographer )

Merry Christmas everyone!

Enjoy.

Jeff

Comment

• Jeff,
                              I had to set one of those shots as my desktop.. Guess which one...

Fantastic photography..
                              Thank you for taking the time and effort to make everything so memorable.

Len
                              Len Buffinton
                              Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• Thanks. It was good practice for tracking "faster" targets between the Mustangs and Steve's electric twin.

I'm going with this one for the desktop choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X