WOAP - May 25th, 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOAP - May 25th, 2019

Time to show our support for the Apache Pass RC team for allowing us use of their facility for our aero tow event. See post below

https://apachepassrc.com/home/events...che-pass-2017/

Here's some short details

" Pilot fee will be $25 and covers any & all days Friday- Monday.
    We will have a low key “pot luck” style lunch on Saturday and the raffle around 3ish Saturday.
    Feel free to bring something to eat to share but don’t feel obligated. Typically, only a fraction of the people participate in the pot luck."
    Last edited by BryanB; 05-19-2019, 01:06 AM.

Thanks for the info. I may bring my ASW-27 that has a self launching motor in it.

Comment

I am planning on attending and will bring an F3J plane.
      Steve Gibson
      Houston

Comment

I might come down too. The one part I need from the Czech Republic to make my Ventus flyable again was in New York on Thursday. If it makes it here in time I plan to make the 4 hour trip.
        Mark

Comment

The president of Apache Pass RC has invited us to provide an aero tow display at the "Wing Over Apache Pass" event this same weekend. He had stated he wants the scale soaring / aerotow crowd to support and participate in their other events so this is a perfect opportunity to do just that. He said we could probably have the "sport line" to ourselves so there probably won't be any conflict with the power flyers.

Comment

• edfmaniac
            edfmaniac commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm in. It will save me some gas money and help support the WOAP event. Hope to see all the HOTSS guys at their next one.

Yep. Steve C. in Houston said he'll have his Hempel 40% Clipped Cub with new DLE170 upgrade and plywood reinforcement ready. I'll try and get my Pawnee up and running as well.
          Last edited by BryanB; 05-19-2019, 03:34 AM.

Comment

I'm in even if I don't get the part for the Ventus.
            Mark

Comment

Just got confirmation we have an additional tow plane and pilot! This should be fun! Supposed to have awesome weather too! So far there's 8 confirmed pilots and a couple more sitting on the fence.
              I guess I need to make up a couple more tow ropes as I gave my last one to the Midland crew. Probably need to go get some flight line cones as well.

BB
              Last edited by BryanB; 05-19-2019, 03:38 AM.

Comment

• edfmaniac
                edfmaniac commented
                Editing a comment
                I have one tow line that isn't getting any use. It's the paraglider chord type line around 100' in length. Not sure about the hardware on it right now but I'll bring the line and spool.

• BryanB
                BryanB commented
                Editing a comment
                I've got all the cord and hardware to make a couple up so we won't be short. You may want to bring it anyway. Thanks!

What time are you thinking for meeting up, around 10:00 AM?
              Mark

Comment

• BryanB
                BryanB commented
                Editing a comment
                It may be around that time. Might show a little earlier if I can but I have to swing by and pick up Steve C and a couple planes he wants to bring. I wouldn't imagine being able to make it before 9:30. Got to stop at Buc-ees you know!

Bryan, I'll see you on the 25th. I'll be there in the 9:30 to 10 range with Antares in tow.

Are we going to be parking in the same area that we did during the aerotow last month?

W

Comment

• BryanB
                BryanB commented
                Editing a comment
                I would imagine the 3D flyers will have the choice spot we had for the aero tow. I'm guessing we will be adjacent to that line on the other side using the second (west) runway.
                Last edited by BryanB; 05-19-2019, 06:16 PM.

Originally posted by SoarHead View Post
              Bryan, I'll see you on the 25th. I'll be there in the 9:30 to 10 range with Antares in tow.

Are we going to be parking in the same area that we did during the aerotow last month?

W
              I've got an email into Jeff at Apache Pass to get a firm answer on where he wants us to setup.

Update: Just heard back from Jeff and he said yes, setup on west runway. Across from where we were during the aerotow.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ApachePass_Airfield00.jpg Views:	1 Size:	85.6 KB ID:	36640
              Last edited by BryanB; 05-19-2019, 08:04 PM.

Comment

This looks like am amazing venue. Can't wait to fly there!

Mike

Comment

• Mark9
                  Mark9 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Mike, it is a great venue. Unfortunately we had to at least postpone our event scheduled this weekend. Gene my co-event manager and I are hoping we may be able to have it in the fall. That is yet to be seen though and some of the Dr./scientists seem to think and are saying now we may still need to social distance (physical distance) into the next year.

Mark
              Working...
              X