Texas Annual Scale Soaring event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Annual Scale Soaring event

Things are progressing! I think we have a place (need to give it a test run) and have a bunch or folks onboard to help organize and run the event. Lots and lots of details to work out but I’m hoping we can have our first event in the spring! Woohoo!

Nice. The freeflight guys found an airport west of Waco that is model aircraft friendly and will be an AMA approved site according to the contest flyer. Looks like it would be an ideal rc aerotowing/soaring site too.

Comment

Are you two coming to the Mickey Sullivan? We are meeting south of Greenville next Monday, the 27th. We should look at the Waco site as well if possible.
      Mark

Comment

I can't make it.

Comment

edfmaniac and Soarhead, Could you PM me your contact info? Looks like we are moving ahead with Apache Pass and would like you guys to be involved if you're willing.

Bryan

Comment

Well, after much motivating, emails, phone calls and effort It looks like my plan to have a Texas wide aerotow event not only came to fruition but also went over much better than I had hoped. Apache Pass Aerotow 2019 was a great success!
            Thank you to everyone that helped make this dream happen.

Comment

Originally posted by BryanB View Post
              Well, after much motivating, emails, phone calls and effort It looks like my plan to have a Texas wide aerotow event not only came to fruition but also went over much better than I had hoped. Apache Pass Aerotow 2019 was a great success!
              Thank you to everyone that helped make this dream happen.
              I didn't do much but I'm glad you invited me to be a part of the meet up with the owner and it was indeed a great success. Looking forward to next year.

Comment

• edfmaniac
                edfmaniac commented
                Editing a comment
                Let me know.

• yyz
                yyz commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm relocating to Austin next week and will be available to help next year or for upcoming events this year.

• edfmaniac
                edfmaniac commented
                Editing a comment
                Good to hear about another glider pilot moving here. Aerotow at the HOTTS club near San Antonio on 5/25. It looks like that will be the local club for a while since it's such a nice field and plenty of good people to fly with.

Victor, we also fly near Greenville usually on the fourth Monday weather permitting. yyz we welcome you to Texas and hope to fly with you in the future.
              Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Mark9 View Post
                Victor, we also fly near Greenville usually on the fourth Monday weather permitting. yyz we welcome you to Texas and hope to fly with you in the future.
                Thanks Mark. I look forward to meeting and flying with the group!

Mike

Comment

FYI There are a couple of events coming up in Texas. The Dallas group is flying at 10am on 5/20, and HOTSS is hosting on 5/25 down near San Antonio. There is also an offer on the table for us to do some towing at Apache Pass during their Wings Over Apache Pass event 5/24-27. I'm probably going to the HOTSS event and maybe the Apache Pass fly in on a day other than the 25th if anyone else is interested.

Comment

• BryanB
                    BryanB commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Couple of us from H-town are planning on HOTSS the 25th.
                Working...
                X