Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scale soaring friendly areas, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, South Carolina etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scale soaring friendly areas, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, South Carolina etc.

Looking at relocation from California to the “southern” states, wondering about aerotow sites in the states listed plus surrounding states, I know of a few but looking at all options.

A bit north of your area of interest, but an active aerotow and soaring site. ...and within reasonable driving distance of those states mentioned...then there is that electric "mountain bike" you mentioned!

As for biking trails, there is this:

America's Friendliest Long-Distance Rail-Trail - GREAT ALLEGHENY PASSAGE (gaptrail.org)
    A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

We are traveling to Youngstown Ohio in a few weeks to visit relatives and maybe look at properties, I’m very aware that Cumberland is not too long of a drive from NE Ohio. Maybe a home in Youngstown area and one in Florida as well? Could do both with the selling price of our Ca home. All options are being considered.

Comment

• JimD
        JimD commented
        Editing a comment
        Youngstown is slightly under a three hour drive from Cumberland. Roads are good and seldom have heavy traffic issues.

And in addition of the 150 miles of Great Passage bike trail to Pittsburgh, the C&O canal trail goes 184 miles from Cumberland down to Georgetown/DC. You’ll need more batteries.
      Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Spring is a beautiful time here!

Local Fun Fly last Saturday

Click image for larger version

Name:	heli.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	44483

Mowing on Tuesday

Click image for larger version

Name:	mowing.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	44484

Today at noon...just waiting for someone to come out and fly!

Click image for larger version  Name:	HPA042321.jpg Views:	0 Size:	102.2 KB ID:	44482
        Last edited by JimD; 04-24-2021, 12:33 AM.
        A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Would love to fly my 3 motor gliders at High Point. My wife and I are the main caretakers of my mother who will be 98 in about 3 weeks, once she moves on to that next stage we will be actively looking at leaving Ca. I am on Zillow quite a bit, 4 bedroom single story home with 3 car garage is required. I also like the shooting sports as well, pretty restrictive here in Ca.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by DennisB; 04-24-2021, 03:06 AM.

Comment

I'm in the same boat as Dennis - made a pledge to stay local as long as my parents are around. After that, can't wait to get out of this damn state.
            Tom

Comment

Idaho (Coeur D Alene) is my top pick for state and city, but unless other relatives move there first it’s a no go. Youngstown area holds possibilities, very close to Cumberland, although I’d have to have a Florida? winter home, not dealing with sub zero winters.

Comment

kentucky is the place to live and a days drive to most mid east events... currently flying at rosewood rc site in southern indiana come join the fun

Comment

We have some friends that moved to Clarksville TN, not far from western Kentucky. I do think about the tornados. .

Comment

lexington louisville area seldom has tornado damage but it can happen any place in the usa now...

Comment

You forgot Alabama Dennis, flying all year round, we have a Sod farm for weekly Aerotows if you like, and our local club with paved runway! In October we have our annual Aerotow in Huntsville,
                      not to mention a great Hobby Shop for all your needs
                      No reason to have 2 homes, we have plenty of wooded hilly areas and lots of Deer Hunting etc down here
                      And if you need the Beach, you are only 3 hours away from the Gulf!

Jeremy

SCC AAA TT TN

Comment

Comment

Maybe I should be Tim’s neighbor as he has that beautiful private grass runway, bit chilly in the winter for this California kid though.

Comment

And don't forget those pesky mosquitoes in the summer! Go south young man!

Comment

Working...
                            X