Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Radio System...

Hi Folks,

I'm considering a Jeti DS-24 or PowerBox CORE and supporting systems / componentry. Looking for feedback from those who use the DS-24, as well as suggestions for other marques that would support a 20-servo 1:2 scale airframe.

TIA...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Parallax; 11-25-2020, 03:48 AM.

I owned a Jeti DS16 and now have a Jeti DS 24. I found the Jeti easy to program. I bought a power box Core transmitter back in June and am finding that it very difficult to program. I bought the Core because of its long range. The curve functions make no sense to me. I wish Powerbox Core would post several videos on YouTube showing sailplane specific programming and in English !

Comment

Both fine fine radios.

You're certain to master either one and come away happy. I do like the range of PB components/regulators/telemetry and the PBR vario is excellent. I quickly became a fan of the Pioneer for straight HV setups.

I have moved over 8 scale sailplanes, two slope ships and now two tow planes each programmed on my CORE. I won't be going back to my JR 28x (I had planned to keep both) which makes me a bit sad since I've been flying JR for 30 some years.
      Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Thanks kindly gentlemen, I appreciate your feedback. Is there a consensus which marque / system has the highest effective range (i.e. reciprocity)?

Comment

FWIW, the sole and driving force behind PowerBox purchasing Weatronic was obtaining the RF link considered the best in the business.

The Weatronic user community may have seen this as a savior as the company became insolvent, but it made no sense for PB to continue the other products/clunky transmitter rather take the very best element and give it new life in the CORE.
          Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Then there is always the Spektrum ix20, easy to program and get help with as so many people use them!
            Click image for larger version

Name:	ix20.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	225.1 KB
ID:	43001

The Model Box 205 978 8787

Jeremy

SCC AAA TT TN

Comment

Originally posted by Steve P View Post
              FWIW, the sole and driving force behind PowerBox purchasing Weatronic was obtaining the RF link considered the best in the business.

The Weatronic user community may have seen this as a savior as the company became insolvent, but it made no sense for PB to continue the other products/clunky transmitter rather take the very best element and give it new life in the CORE.
              Thanks; yes, while immersed in a fixed-wing autonomous drone contract (prototype airframe flight testing), Weatronic was on our radar (back-and-forth with players behind Spektrum won the day).

A friend in Germany, who flies the same Remec airframe, along with some discussion with folks on here, I elected to employ the DS-24 w/900MHz redundancy / Central Box 400 / full telemetry compliment. One experience that was related to me - a restriction of flying over nearby villages / towns; the assumption was that indeed one Pilot was not flying over a nearby town. It was a fellow Pilot driving to the field that alerted the airborne Pilot. They repeated a similar flight, this time with a GPS module. Under similar conditions (clear / similar humidity level), the determination was that the ground distance was close to 3Km. I'm good with 3Km with no redundant (900MHz) activation...

anks for the feedback...

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss1 View Post
                Then there is always the Spektrum ix20, easy to program and get help with as so many people use them!
                Click image for larger version

Name:	ix20.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	225.1 KB
ID:	43001

The Model Box 205 978 8787

Jeremy

SCC AAA TT TN
                Thanks...I've been flying Spektrum for years :^/

Comment

Working...
                X