No announcement yet.

Camping + Aerotowing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well here's an update. About two weeks ago I pulled the trigger on a Mini Max and have already started modifying it. The first one was to remove and park on my covered patio the monster of a table which took up the entire settee area. I saw many on the Facebook group had done the same with a Lagun mount. I purchased one and a 2' x 2' laminate top from Home Depot. The structure required two 2" x 2" oak reinforcing pieces to the settee support structure to help carry the load. It is adjustable up, down and the table support arm can be rotated 360 degrees. All of it can be removed in seconds with the three levers. The entire modification including the wood structure I added is around $250. One of the best things about this change is how it makes the trailer feel even more open and usable.

The prior models of the Mini Max came with a Furrion rear view camera as a factory or add on option. The 2020's do not even have the wiring like the previous year models. Many also have been complaining of multiple problems with the Furrion. I like the added safety of having a view of what is being blocked by the trailer. So, I purchased a $100 WiFi review camera and using the bicycle receiver hitch mount added a review camera for under $150 including the adjustable hitch for a mount.

My next mod has been to replace the crappy speakers inside with some Polk Audio DB 522's. To my ears Polk has always made an excellent product at a very good value. However, I have not yet been able to hear them because the head unit has been pulled for warrantee. When delivered it would not play from the MP3 audio aux input and the drive would not even receive a disk for DVD's or CD's. It would only play files from the USB port or the radio. At that time I did not have a Bluetooth player, so I could not test that functionality. IMO, this unit should never have been installed at the factory, not good. This was not the only item that my dealership (stealership?) did not find in the make ready for delivery process. I told the business manager where I purchased it that I should not have to be performing final inspection tasks. However, that is another story altogether. I'm looking forward to my first aero tow excursion with it to Wichita, KS in September.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	46.3 KB ID:	42099 Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	50.3 KB ID:	42097 Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	54.0 KB ID:	42098
    Last edited by Mark9; 08-09-2020, 05:24 PM.
    Mark

Comment

Working...
    X