Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your best source for Redline 2-stroke racing oil?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your best source for Redline 2-stroke racing oil?

I've been using the 16oz bottles the past couple years for convenience sake, but a gallon may be a better option as I'm burning through a lot of tug gas.

Any preferred sellers? Online price searches are all over the place (high these days), so if you have a favorite vendor with good deals, I'l appreciate the recon/links.

Steve
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Try some large online motor cross outlets.
    Gunny
    Aviation Concepts rc

Comment

I have purchased the 16oz bottles direct from Red Line, from Desert Aircraft, and from Chief Aircraft. Prices are $11.95, $12.00, and $9.95 respectively (plus shipping).

Ultimate in two-cycle performance, extreme cleanliness

Redline 16oz bottle   Mix @ 40:1.   This 16oz bottle is the perfect shot for your 5 gallon gas can to make a 40:1 ratio.   Redline has proven to be the best oil for our engines.  Not only does it cool the engine properly it also keeps the engine cleaner and will make the engine last longer.   We highly recommend this o

Red Line Two-Stroke Synthetic Racing Oil, 16 ozAvailable for Shipment in the US, Canada & Mexico Only

Even at the $12.00/16 oz bottle, five gallons of fuel is about 20 one hour tow sessions...$0.60/hour...$0.02/two minutes...so there is my $0.02 worth!

Once you start pouring that gallon jug of oil out into a measuring cup (and then having to clean the cup) the little bit of savings will not seem to have great value. My fuel pump can is 2-1/2 gallons and I keep a reserve 2-1/2 gallon container of fuel mixed. An easy way to manage measuring the oil...keep and empty bottle and split a full bottle into two half bottles. Each then makes the perfect amount for mixing 2-1/2 gallons. Clean and simple fuel and oil handling.
      A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

• JimD
        JimD commented
        Editing a comment
        Considering that each tow circuit is about three minutes, you could collect an oil surcharge of $0.03 per tow...

• JimD
        JimD commented
        Editing a comment
        The smaller sailplane tow circuits are more like two minutes or less, so they could get $0.02 worth and those big boys could pay double...

• Steve P
        Steve P commented
        Editing a comment
        I forgot about Chief. Thanks. I had been finding great deals with included shipping in prior years on EBay and Walmart.com, but those have all disappeared. The Bidule has been getting quite a workout these past few weeks.

I buy mine at my local NAPA store. Nice and easy. They are open 7 days a week.

Comment

• Steve P
        Steve P commented
        Editing a comment
        Wish my locals carried it
    Working...
    X