Show us your PowerBox install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show us your PowerBox install

Several of us have been using PowerBox in our sailplanes and tow planes for some time now for redundancy of battery and receiver plus consistent regulated power. But, that’s still rare in our soaring corner of the RC hobby.

This thread is intended for folks to share photos and details on their installs, hopefully to help others. I’ll go first...

Baudis Model Antares 20E: 6.6m span: 2x 5000 mAh PowerPak Pro packs, Competition SRS (Serial Receiver System) @ 7.4V regulated, JR DMSS x 2

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	77.2 KB ID:	36129
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

1:3 @ 5 meter span Delro Foka: 2x PowerBox 2800 mAh packs, Gemini II, PowerExpander SRS, JR DMSS. Used the PowerExpander to achieve dual receivers and dual batt inputs rather than accommodate 16 servo inputs. With low number of servos in the model, that unit + Gemini II made sense with the Gemini running a regulated 7.4V.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	205.7 KB ID:	36131

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	99.4 KB ID:	36132​
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

1:3.75 @ 5.3 meter span KV Model Duo Discus X: 2x 2500 mAh PowerPak Pro packs, Competition SRS, JR DMSS x 2. Configured to fit the seat pan.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	76.9 KB ID:	36134

Comment

Bob Morrow did this regulator install in a 1:3 scale @ 6.6 meter span H-Model Arcus, PowerBox Baselog running the JR XPort Duo, JR DMSS x 2

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	113.5 KB ID:	36136

Comment

This is my 33% JS-1, seven meter span. PowerBox Champion unit with serial expander for retract and wheel brake. Redundant JR DMSS RXs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	36139

Name:	
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	36140

Name:	
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	36141

Tom

Comment

H-Model Arcus, Powerbox Champion.

Wanted a place to be able to see the display without having to pull the pilots and seats out. I was able to sneak it on a line of sight between the aft instrument binnacle and the front seat.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0893.JPG Views:	1 Size:	48.7 KB ID:	36303

The rest of the install with the pilots and seats removed.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0891.JPG Views:	1 Size:	64.3 KB ID:	36304

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0892.JPG Views:	1 Size:	65.4 KB ID:	36305

Comment

Here's a Powerbox Competition SRS installed in my KV Models 6 m Shark with Jeti Rx's and Jeti 3100 mah Power Ion batteries. I had to move as much forward as I could to clear the space ahead of the retract dust cover for the seat pan and pilot. The white wire bundle retainers were supposed to be black. That's what I ordered, but they sent white so I used it! Replaced the Sensor Switch once programming was completed with a Mag Sensor, just visible on the LH fuselage side.

Name:	
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	37300

Comment

Some time in the shop to celebrate independence from Duralite. Actually, they’re fine batteries, I just wanted to make the change in the old Arcus.

Out came ply plates and a mess of Velcro and in went two PowerBox Power Pak 5.0 x 2 Pro packs on snap-in mounts. I also took some time to rework the cockpit wiring removing more Velcro and Blenderm tape that had become dirty in favor of cable mounts and zip ties.

Ready for Cumberland Summer Soaring...

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	160.2 KB ID:	37430

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	173.1 KB ID:	37429

Comment

Steve P,
                  Who sells the cable mounts ?
                  Thanks

Comment

Thanks for the cable mounts URL. I bought a bunch !

Comment

Working...
                  X