How tough is your Axel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How tough is your Axel?

My pair of Axels arrived today after a long stay in German customs. I ordered one to have brown hair and brown eyes (me) and the other to look like my father, who was my actual full size glider instructor, with grey hair and grey beard and mustache. The second Axel must have been so stressed, he lost his hair (Google Alopecia areata) from his long customs stay.

At first, I thought that it was possibly a miscommunication between the company and I. In looking over the invoice, it did say brown hair and brown eyes. I hope that I didn't accidentally get someone else's Axel but I think he actually looks kinda badass! I can just see him in a white tank top looking at himself in the mirror saying "You looking at me? You must be looking at me?"

Tim

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0149.JPG Views:	1 Size:	31.1 KB ID:	17141
    Last edited by Mosquito; 05-31-2017, 01:23 AM.

That's a new mold since the hair is molded. I think it's ok since no hair is in, I'm trying to fight it but slowly losing.

Comment

• Mosquito
      Mosquito commented
      Editing a comment
      Good point about the molds. The other arrived with the grey hair molded in. I wonder if Axel will offer tats and earrings someday?

That is SOOOOOOO Cool..

I love it.
    Wanna trade? I have what you are looking for.
    Len Buffinton
    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• Mosquito
      Mosquito commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe we should arrange for "Axel trades" at our events(?) Mix it up a bit! Each event, you could come home with just that little change in your sailplane.

Kojak of the skies.
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosquito View Post
      My pair of Axels arrived today after a long stay in German customs. I ordered one to have brown hair and brown eyes (me) and the other to look like my father, who was my actual full size glider instructor, with grey hair and grey beard and mustache. The second Axel must have been so stressed, he lost his hair (Google Alopecia areata) from his long customs stay.

At first, I thought that it was possibly a miscommunication between the company and I. In looking over the invoice, it did say brown hair and brown eyes. I hope that I didn't accidentally get someone else's Axel but I think he actually looks kinda badass! I can just see him in a white tank top looking at himself in the mirror saying "You looking at me? You must be looking at me?"

Tim

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0149.JPG Views:	1 Size:	31.1 KB ID:	17141
      Give him a lollipop and the slogan "who loves you baby"

Comment

Oh... Axel has been using my photo for his latest iterations that you see here... me being a tough cookie and all! Even Emoticons are hairless!

Comment

• Mosquito
          Mosquito commented
          Editing a comment
          Good point y'all!
      Working...
      X