No announcement yet.

New Hangar for HighPoint Aviation Airfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assembled all of the parts and now this section of the project is completed. Winter and cold weather are on the way, so this will be our stopping point until spring. Thanks to Gunny and Len for helping with the drywall and finish carpentry work, it really helped move the project along.

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Looks good Jim. How much are you charging renters?
      Jim Gallacher

Comment

Looks beautiful Jim,
        We were happy to help out in any way we could, thanks for letting us be involved with your dream project.

Len Buffinton
        Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

While we made major progress on bathroom, we did not get a door made for the water shut off valve.

Yesterday afternoon, we made a door and got it painted, today we got it installed.

So now, we can say that the room is officially complete!

Since the weather was so mild, we decided that we could paint the picnic tables since we were going up to install the door. Turned out to be a bigger job than I expected...but I did get two of the four tables completely painted.

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Jim,

It must be true that you are retired. You are getting a lot of work done on the trailer, the hanger, and planes. All that work looks fantastic. Hope you are having fun.

Steve K
            Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Just think, soon you'll have that "Extra" model sitting there ready to fly. Just fire it up and have a beautiful afternoon flight.

Are you planning to move the tables inside for the winter?

Len Buffinton
              Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• JimD
                JimD commented
                Editing a comment
                Probably will, I plan to get the other two painted tomorrow morning. Then I will get some muscle (Butch and Greg) to help me get them moved inside. 👍

Then the deck will be empty so I can set it stained in the spring.

Got all four tables painted. It was a perfect day here today, warm, dry, and no wind.
              A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Looks great Jim. Hope to get back sometime and fly.
                Jim Gallacher

Comment

The late fall has given us a gift of warm temperatures, so we were able to get more done before winter setting in. My building contractor had his crew come back and finish the garage ceiling yesterday. In order to get ready, I painted the header boards the whole way around.

The guys got the whole job done in one day.

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Really nice Jim

Steve K
                    Steve K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

Thanks Steve!

Now that the ceiling is in, the walls look really naked. Anyway, today was beautiful so it gave me a chance to get the garage door ends buttoned up.

A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

Geez,
                        At this rate there wont be anything for Gunny and I to do when we come back next spring.

Looks great Jim, you're dedication is truly inspirational.
                        Len Buffinton
                        Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

• JimD
                          JimD commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It is so nice to go up on the mountain and work on the building with no schedule, no radio, and no noise. I know such solitude is not most people's idea of a good time, but I have been enjoying the experience. It is so neat to see this vision becoming a reality. At the end of each day, I can hardly believe the results of my labor. I come home physically tired yet feeling exhilarated.

Nice work Jim, did they add any insulation in the ceiling?

Jeremy and Ben
                        SCCAAA TT TN

Comment

• JimD
                          JimD commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The crew that does the insulation is different from the guys that installed the metal ceiling. They will be coming as soon as their schedule allows. We all thought that this work was going to be done in the spring, so anytime soon will be a real plus.

Really coming along great Jim! Here's hoping you enjoy many hours / days / years of solitude enjoying the fruits of your labors. It is quite a place.

Oh yea, punctuated by days of being invaded by others sharing the same crazy hobby you do....

Jeff

Comment

• JimD
                          JimD commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Guess I sounded a little like I don't enjoy the company of other people....my work involved meeting and talking with people constantly while trying to hold to a timed schedule. As much as I loved my work, it is nice to just have some quiet time now.

All that said, it would have been fantastic flying in these recent mild weather days. Sure would have been nice to have all of you guys here for a while. 😎

Looks great Jim. It's only getting better. Your facility will be hard to beat.
                        Jim Gallacher
                        PS San Diego is still having 70 deg weather daily. Just sayin.

Comment

• JimD
                          JimD commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks for the compliment! It was sunny and almost 60 degrees on the mountain today with only slight air movement. Would have been perfect flying weather.
                      Working...
                      X