Tow-Star 40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tow-Star 40

A Sig Four-Star 40 kit was modified to be a tow plane for 'smallish' gliders like the two modified Sig Risers I built last year. It gets motivation from an OS 40 FP glow engine. The fuselage deck was cut down to a flat top then a bubble canopy put on it. The wing has 'D' tube sheeting and there are slots at the wing ends. The tail feathers were modified in outline and 'stick built' in lieu of sheet balsa construction. It just needs a fuel tank, receiver and battery to maiden. Maybe there can be interest in aerotowing generated locally.

Looks nice Michael, I bet it will tow great. The colors look clean and simple and I love the wing tip slats. Looking forward to seeing how slow it flys.
    Len Buffinton
    Team Horizon Hobby

Comment

Wow...small glow power tow plane...that brings back lots of great memories!!!

We had a lot of fun towing Easy Gliders back ten years ago.
      A Site for Soar Eyes

Comment

I like it!

I already have a Telemaster 40 that I'm planning on making a tow plane this winter. Now I'm thinking about what I could do with my Four Star 60.

Comment

Sweet Mike! Always thought the 4star would be a great little tow plane. We need some video of it towing the Risers now.
          Kevin K

Kremer Aerotowing Team

Comment

i am recovering an old road runner with 40cc gas on it.......similar to a giant stick...........

Comment

Working...
            X