Jamara 2.5M span Sunriser for e-power and pusher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamara 2.5M span Sunriser for e-power and pusher

Time in the garden yesterday was cut short by rain. So, time to move forward another project in storage.

This Sunriser was a very nicely-built hangar queen that recently came into my possession. It had been set-up with a tow hook to fly off a light highstart, but apparently once had a can motor installed (or, the high start was a way to get the thing moving in the days of brushed can motors and heavy cells?). I always stared at this kit in the Hobby Lobby catalog back in the day, thinking some day I might take the plunge. RC Groups took care of that whim when one came up for sale locally for just $89. These apparently don't have a great reputation or survivability, but damn it's cool.

Keeping the investment low, I sourced an inexpensive 400 size Chinese outrunner and speed control, and dug through the parts bin for two suitable mini servos. Creating more room for the motor by changing the firewall or investing in a better motor would have sucked-in the prop another inch or so closer, but hardly seemed worth it. I though a folder versus fixed prop was a good option, so a basic APC met the need. The set-up has a ton of thrust.

Finally, I reworked the pushrods to give a bit more authority to the rudders and elevator (still kinda meh, buy way better). Power will be a 3S 1350mAh pack. 4 Channel Spektrum full range sport receiver, JR 11X. We shall see. ;-)

So, here's another one for the days when we're back out in the sunshine together. I hope everyone is safe, well and moving some projects forward.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	148.9 KB ID:	40509
    Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	140.1 KB ID:	40510
    Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	141.5 KB ID:	40511
    Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	161.4 KB ID:	40512
    Last edited by Steve P; 03-29-2020, 05:36 PM.
    Team PowerBox Systems Americas... If flying were the language of men, soaring would be its poetry.

Better make that a swift hand release, before the prop gets you Steve

Jeremy

SCC AAA TT TN

Comment

• Steve P
      Steve P commented
      Editing a comment
      Throw first, motor second! Yeah, not the best concept here.

pusher motors i use a throttle vut on a switch and throw the plane with throttle at half then just hit the switch and fly away. found it works best for me.

Comment

Working...
    X